The New Leupold Mark 4HD?

BBob

WKR
down paved dirt roads.
Lol okay bud. There are literally plenty of similar stories.
Down paved dirt roads? What the hell is a paved dirt road? Okay, okay, all paved roads are paved over dirt roads, yes or no??? But to clarify your Leuy lost zero driving down paved as in asphalt roads or a dirt road??

I have had the big L's lose zero riding in hard cases riding down miles of washboard roads, but that's different story.

ljalberta

WKR
Oddly, even as recently as 3 years ago, I had NEVER read of that on any of the forums I frequent. Now that it has been reported by our revered scope testers, it's all of the sudden commonplace. I know a parrot when I hear one squawking.
People have been having it happen for decades my man. Squawk on.

Down paved dirt roads? What the hell is a paved dirt road? Okay, okay, all paved roads are paved over dirt roads, yes or no??? But to clarify your Leuy lost zero driving down paved as in asphalt roads or a dirt road??

I have had the big L's lose zero riding in hard cases riding down miles of washboard roads, but that's different story.
They’re all dirt under the pavement 😏

atmat

WKR
Oddly, even as recently as 3 years ago, I had NEVER read of that on any of the forums I frequent. Now that it has been reported by our revered scope testers, it's all of the sudden commonplace. I know a parrot when I hear one squawking.
Google it, check those same websites, and see the date stamps. They’re all over most hunting websites.

Down paved dirt roads? What the hell is a paved dirt road?
Sorry, I didn’t use the right words. I meant “maintained dirt roads,” and yes, I’ve lost zero driving on them with Leu’s

BBob

WKR
Sorry, I didn’t use the right words. I meant “maintained dirt roads,” and yes, I’ve lost zero driving on them with Leu’s
Cool! Even our maintained dirt roads get wash boarded over time. Might be slight but it still trounces gear pretty well.

BBob

WKR
🍿 🍿 🍿
Rokslide 2014 "if your pack doesn't pass a cliff test, it will fail on you and your probably gonna die cause of it"

Rokslide 2024 "if your scope doesn't pass a drop test, it will fail on you and your probably gonna die cause of it"

wonder what 2034 has instore for us? 😆
Rokslide "if you don't hunt with a chest rig and you drop your pack your probably gonna die cause of it"

We need a new thread dedicated to how your gonna die according to Rokslide :ROFLMAO:

Beetroot

Lil-Rokslider
I keep hearing people referring to Ilya, including once from a manufacturer. Could he join and share his views directly?
I doubt it, he doesn't post that much on forums anymore and has butted heads with Form.

He doesn't believe in the drop tests either so not sure him posting here is worth his time.

wapitibob

WKR
My only Leupy lost zero while in a soft case, strapped to an atv, which was driven down a relatively smooth BLM road, with my wife sitting on the back of the atv. Not like I was racing down the road. After being fixed, it lost it's zero again while shooting from a bench.
I'd love to have another but I know better.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I don't get the "you're going to die" thing - I mean it is funny, but what people think is important tends to be based on your surroundings and experiences in the field. Point being, a scope being able to retain zero or not, or where you carry basic stuff, do not seem all that crazy of things to value. I would LOVE for some of you guys to go all in on Snyder back in the day b/c he carried a headlamp, trioxane, etc in his chest harness (which was the evolution of the side pouches Maruspial has....).

Jason (RIP) literally drove a freaking truck over a frame, AFTER throwing a pack down a hill, all because of getting called out over the infamous cliff test, and it was so great for so many reasons. Dropping rifles on soft mats - guess what: doesn't have to be "consistent" because no one is saying anything absolute over the results. Of course it isn't scientific - it is done in the field. Absolutism comes from patterns, and patterns take time, money and experience. For our "flawed" crowd (which by the way, go ahead and say WHAT is flawed......) - here's something: take a rifle and lean it against your truck somewhere like we always tell kids not to do - put a mat down, and just push it over. Then go shoot your rifle. Will it retain zero? If not, and you're cool with that, great. If that is not good enough for you, buy something that can take it. Why do we have to continue to polute every single scope thread rehasing the "flawed test."

I mean, I hate scope threads, because it's nothing but arguing over drop tests these days. We aren't even talking the Mark 4 HD here. Not 100% of Rokslide is all about the drop test - and I think that's good, to have some skeptics and people questioning what's happening and offering a lot of experiences they've had, which are indeed valid (but disprove or prove nothing definitively, just like Form says about the drop tests). Maybe not every thread needs to be an indictment of the process.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
🍿 🍿 🍿
Rokslide 2014 "if your pack doesn't pass a cliff test, it will fail on you and your probably gonna die cause of it"

Rokslide 2024 "if your scope doesn't pass a drop test, it will fail on you and your probably gonna die cause of it"

wonder what 2034 has instore for us? 😆
This was gold, got a good laugh remembering the cliff testing. We're past scopes, stocks and rings are getting proofed at this point. Maybe we need to start tumbling tripods next!