The Montana elk bill from hell is back

So we're talkin about HB505 right?

In regards to this college talk.. college helps a ton of people make a higher on average income. Maybe it's just because I got a 4 year (drinking and hunting) degree in 5.5 years from a state college and hung out with like minded folks.. but having $ to burn on sheep/moose/goat hunts seems to have a lot more to do with an individual's ambition and financial education than it does where or what kind of grades they got in college.

I agree that M/S/G hunting will be a lucky long shot for an average joe, require prioritzation with significant financial/lifestyle compromises, or be done by wealthy folks. That doesn't mean that some systems aren't better than others. ID seems to have a pretty good system in regards to offering residents a chance to hunt sheep and moose in their lifetime.

Last edited:

Billinsd

WKR
That ship has sailed...only way to do it now is not to be an average joe. You can't drop out of college, you can't be even an "average" college student. You have to be above average and separate yourself from the pack.
That's America's blue print, it's in our DNA. You have to be better, work harder, be smarter. You can't just graduate college, you need to graduate from a great college and/or choose a degree/career that is and will be in demand. I'm grooming my kids for this now. The bonus points were a great thing in the early, mid 90s if you got in on the ground floor and for only a few years. By the turn of the century and more and more in general it doesn't work, way too many people and too few tags. I tell my kids what my dad told me, to get a great career that pays good money and you can have a comfortable life!!! It's the American way and there has never been nor ever will be anything better!! Cheers Bill

Would suck to take the opportunity from a broke college kid because he can’t swing the money to apply I had a couple years when I was just starting out that I didn’t apply for that reason it should be equal opportunity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not saying make it a million dollars, just make us have to put up the full cost of the tag up front, and refund it an unsuccessful draw. It might weed out casual applications. I always found a way to apply when I was younger and broker. I do like kid tags though, who doesn't like to see kids get good opportunities that's awesome.

Deadfall

WKR
S
What happened with 505?? I care 0% about this other garbage.
As of Thursday it is still tabled in committee. Before it can go to floor, tge committee would have to vote on whether to bring it back or leave tabled. If committee brought it out of tabled, they would then have to vote on sending it forward or killing it.

Right now I think there's enough pressure they are letting sleeping dog lay. Could change, as of right now that's where we at

S.Clancy

WKR
S

As of Thursday it is still tabled in committee. Before it can go to floor, tge committee would have to vote on whether to bring it back or leave tabled. If committee brought it out of tabled, they would then have to vote on sending it forward or killing it.

Right now I think there's enough pressure they are letting sleeping dog lay. Could change, as of right now that's where we at
Alright, thanks for the update.

tam9492

WKR
Update: this bill has been tabled and ultimately failed due to a missed deadline.