The come back of Thompson Center

As you can probably tell from my screen name, I am a fan of hunting handguns and the TC Contenders and Encores are some of the best.

I have 3 Encore frames, and 3 Contender frames (one of each generation) and multiple barrels for each.

I am very excited to see them come back, but I also want to shout out Bellm, Bullberry, and E.A. Brown for keeping us enthusiasts in parts while they have been away.

Mojave

WKR
I have mixed emotions about this. I would like them to bring back an improved version of the TCR 87, even if it cost $2000.

204_ruger

Lil-Rokslider
I hope they bring the TC Venture rifles back. Like a 22 250 1@8 24 inch barrel. Or a 280AI 1@8 twist 26-inch threaded barrel.

Long Cut

WKR
I own a TC Compass that I grabbed with a rebate for sub $200 a few years back.
5R barrel with hand loads was producing sub MOA 5-Shot groups.

Really can’t complain for that price.

sharps54

FNG
I have a Renegade and would love to see them bring back the traditional black powder rifles. I'll definitely buy a Contender if they bring them back. I had a .357 Herritt once upon a time but since I have a Blackhawk in .357/44 Bain & Davis I just would get a barrel in that these days.

Mojave

WKR
First choice TCR 87 classed up a bit.

2nd choice 6mm PPC, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel in the Contender.

3rd choice. A plastic stock for the contender and Encore that doesn't suck.

4th choice. A wider range of rimmed cartridges. Bring back the 405. Would be nice to have 7x65R, 9.3x74R, 30-40 Krag.

Mojave

WKR
Yes, a better stock for the encore would be welcomed for my 45 cal smokeless barrel! Just not a mile of drop at heel is all i ask for!
I had 3 different fronds crack. I gave up. Maybe the pro-hunter was better never owned one.

There are several great gunsmiths that can make you any kind of barrel or cartridge for the Contender or Encore. Several were covered by HandgunHTR and Gary Reeder is another. I have many custom contender and encore frames and many, many barrels in a dozen or more cartridges including many of Garys wildcats. All handgun length from 8"-15" and some braked and some not, some tapered and some bull, mostly in vapor honed Stainless. I never hankered for any of the rifle variations. I wish him all the best in restarting this great company. I will be a buyer of more frames.

Unclecroc

Lil-Rokslider
I’m looking forward to seeing them come back. I’d like to see a reboot of the icon, those are some slept on rifles for sure.

Bluefish

WKR
Hopefully this will lead to cheaper encore and G2 frames being available. I would like a few more of both if they can come in at the sub $400 price point.
With ssk 50 frames available and 3 barrel mfg, the contender market is fairly well served right now. About all that can be offered in that market is G2 frames and parts.

First choice TCR 87 classed up a bit.

2nd choice 6mm PPC, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel in the Contender.

3rd choice. A plastic stock for the contender and Encore that doesn't suck.

4th choice. A wider range of rimmed cartridges. Bring back the 405. Would be nice to have 7x65R, 9.3x74R, 30-40 Krag.

I have a 6.5 Grendel Encore barrel. It is a shooter. I have taken Whitetails, Axis, Blackbuck, Pigs, and even an Eland with it.