The best rifle sling

Wrench

WKR
I spun up a simple button as seen on my pack strap in this pic. The button rides higher on my shoulder when gun hunting and lower during archery (I can hang my bow on it to take a leak). The button allows pretty much any sling to stay put.

If you do not have a lathe to build one....you can buy a drawer knob for a buck at a hardware store and do the same.Screenshot_20220227-221419_Gallery.jpg

Antares

WKR
As mentioned earlier, look at the Kifaru Gun Bearer. I don’t hunt with a sling anymore.

repins05

WKR
Quake claw flush cup +1.

Used the ultimate sling for a few years. Solid sling but prefer quake now for my use now.

URE_G

FNG
Love my TAB PRS Sling. It adjust very quickly and easily. I tend to sling my rifle across my back when hiking in and out

Shilly21

FNG
I vote for the Butler Creek Sling. I bought the Butler Creek sling for an auto shotgun because the fancy paracord sling I bought for it prior was cutting into my neck, when I slung the shotgun across my back. The Butler Creek sling is the most comfortable sling I have ever had. It is soft, cheap, with good grip and even has a little give in it. I can hike for miles with no digging into my neck.

Old-Cat

Lil-Rokslider
I’m really digging this one for behind the back carry. It quick adjusts from 26-46 inches.

This guy points out key factors impacting the use of slings & gun bearers that's worth watching. FFW to 10 minutes and watch the final 8 minutes. BTW...I do use a light sling on my rifle for stabilization when shooting (thanks Appleseed Project) in conjunction with the Gun Bearer. After using it once, I would never revert back to a sling alone...just because of the pain factor.

What I really like about the Kifaru Gun Bearer is its versatility. I use it to carry my rifles, bows and even bear spray cannisters. Really a handy, UL piece of kit. Have two on my pack.

MOOSECOUNTRY.jpg
gunbearerwithbow.jpg

Last edited: