The best rifle sling

Hi, I'm carrying a heavy barrel bolt rifle with a bipod on my back. What's the best sling for it not always wanting to slide and have the butt pad always sliding ahead of me when moving around. I want it to stay on my back when moving. Not wearing a chest rig to clip to, just a sling needed. Thank you.

TN2shot07

WKR
Check out the red kettle, they have a quick release that will tighten the sling when needed. Quake is always a decent option for the price

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
This sling…
92bb3da4f453d5e3f1f3a31baf6230b0.jpg

Coupled with the… Frankenstud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
T
Thanks everyone, I should have mentioned I put the strap over my head so the rifle is angled on my back, which the strap cuts into my neck which I can't stand because the weight of the gun.

TheGDog

WKR
The claw as mentioned.

If you have a sternum strap on your pack, clip it with your sling thru it. Won’t move.
Oh my goodness.... mad at myself for not thinking to do that! Guess cause normally I have the drinking bladder tube shoved under the sternum strap. Anyway, Thanks!

Reactions: pk_

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I like those basic butler creek ones. Not the ones with the non-slip dots, just the basic one that is almost like it’s made of neoprene.

The claw slings are good but if I’m doing that, I prefer the slim version.

I use a grey ghost GT sling on my lightweight guns. I have quakes on nearly everything else.

Dobermann

WKR
Personally, I've found the Claw a bit too grippy for when I've wanted to get on the rifle quickly - but perhaps that counts towards what you're looking for.

As a shooting sling, I like the Wilderness Safari sling - has a forward loop that allows for a quick looping-up like with a Ching Sling, but you don't need a third swivel stud installed.

FHF Gear has a new sling and pack attachment system that might be of interest: https://fhfgear.com/products/rifle-sling-and-pack-attachement-system

Initial video here:

Mosby

WKR
I either use the Butler Creek Mountain sling or the Quake Claw Slimline. I first tried the Quake slimline on my Henry 45-70 and it balances well. I the Butler Creek on my light weight rifles and the Quake on my heavier rifles. I personally don't like really large and wide slings.