The best all around 243 bullet

cjdewese

WKR
I have a tikka coming and was interested in this bullet. What powder are using?
This is actually where I ended up as well. I found 40g of H4350 performed the best with regards to SD and ES. When I did a quick seating depth test the 1st three where all a little over .6 MOA so I just stopped there.

I was originally thinking of doing the 80g ttsx but liked the ballistics of the 95g better. I also specifically got the 1:8 to shoot as heavy as I could.

Blind Squirrel

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve read a ton online (here and other places), listened to the exo podcast with @Formidilosus and am still trying to figure this out. I understand that the Hornady 90g ELD-X, Hornady 95g SST, and Nosler 95g ballistic tip have all proven to be successful on deer, elk, and moose when fired from .243 rifles. Earlier in this thread, Form said the nosler was the all around best performer. What exactly is the difference between the three? Does the SST just expand a little less, while the 95g Nosler BT and the 90g hornady eld-x expand about the same but the extra weight in the Nosler causes a little more internal damage to the target animal? Is that a correct synopsis and am I missing anything? My 1:8 tikka likes the 95sst better than the 90g eld-x, I have not had the chance to shoot the 95g BT. Also, is Winchester ballistic silvertip the only factory produced bullet with the 95g Nosler BT?