Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Got the new 6UM up and running.

650 yard head shot

d203834757da28a0498921baa0c2bf81.jpg

Spoonbill

WKR
Could you tell if the bullet actually tumbled ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Forgot to take autopsy pictures but my buddy used a 57 gr out of his 243 on an antelope. Quartering away at 320ish yards the bullet punched through the liver and exited. Second bullet hit around 400 near the first entry hole and I heard it ricochet. Heavier bullets going slower may tumble or if used on a bigger animal.

Gstew1930

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
No need to post to watch something. At the top of the thread you can click on the "watch" button and it will add it to your watched threads and allow you to get notifications on when new content is posted in this thread.

Jay
Good deal, I didn’t know that. Thanks Jay

While working on butchering last night I realized there was one more large fragment on my antelope. The two on the left are the ones I shared before. On the right is the larger one I missed the first time. This seems to be in line with what Ryan saw on elk last season. The large distance between fragments is intriguing. I don't recall observing anything similar from ELD-Ms over the last 6-7 years.
My best guess is that this bullet tumbled pretty hard as it fragmented. It seems to have taken a pretty hard turn to the right as well. Pretty devastating at these velocities!
PXL_20231011_024345180.jpg

I dont know if I missed it in the thread, but is there a match bullet or lead cored bullet other than the nose ringed DTACs that will handle 6UM velocities?

Last edited:
I dont know if I missed it in the thread, but is there a match bullet or lead cored bullet other than the nose ringed DTACs that will handle 6UM velocities?
Doesn’t seem like it. The 103 eldx and maybe the 100 tgk are being tested but seems like the dtac is it

Do you mean handle as in the bullet doesn't hold together at all, or handle as in terminal performance at those velocities?
The former depends on barrel twist. An 8 twist should open up lots of options. For the latter, maybe Form or someone has some experience but I haven't seen much data on anything but the NR DTAC yet.