The 300 Project

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Let's hope he doesn't go with something gay like a cowboys theme. Animals would be jumping to their deaths rather than be insulted at dying by "America's" gun.

joelbiltz

WKR
Hey Ryan

Can I ask why you didn't use the CA action on this build. Specifically the TI action. I'm pretty close to ordering a TI/Summit or a classic carbon 2 in 300 RUM if I can find one quick!!!

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Hey Ryan

Can I ask why you didn't use the CA action on this build. Specifically the TI action. I'm pretty close to ordering a TI/Summit or a classic carbon 2 in 300 RUM if I can find one quick!!!

I wanted to use parts for this build that I have never used before. I heard lots of great things about Lone Peaks TI actions and so far in this build, I would have to say the action has been the most impressive part.

I have zero issues with the CA TI actions and have shot one for the last year and a half. I have a project on the back burner that will involve that action again.

Out of the 4 Ti actions I've used the only two I would buy are the LPA and the CA!

Last edited:
OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
She's still getting pretty. Matt is an artist!
52ad719d242b19c7a193d63f4d1b9253.jpg

looks pretty trick.... has an altitude feel to it color accent wise, i dig it.

curious how the longer barrel chosen shoots over your previous ca 300 rum.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
It's was taken apart for cerakote. But the stock is carbon and has to be baked at a low temp.

dotman

WKR
Cerakote also has an air dry product that is very durable if coating an item that can't be baked. I've had great results with the air dry cerakote and it will handle high heat if you want to do a complete DIY job. But it is still best to disassemble all pieces.