The 22 creedmoor thread

huntnful

WKR
Time to go kill an elk with it!
Hahaha I can't do it man. I mean I wouldn't be scared to necessarily. But I don't have much of an issue putting bigger bullets on target as well, so I opt to go bigger. By no means do I think this 80 ELDM in the lungs of a bull wouldn't kill him though. I killed a 300 pound with it, and it smashed him.

Gstew1930

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
80 ELDM at 600 yards.
25” muller works #5 1-8 twist
41.5gr H4350
3280fps
CCI 200

View attachment 737339
You need to practice some more & tighten this group up, looks pretty sloppy lmao:ROFLMAO:. If you're going to play with the load some more give N560 a shot. I'm getting outstanding velocity with mine

CMCctx

FNG
Not having a chrono, but needing one, is the Garmin flavor a good place to start? Not 22 Creed specific, but it's what's got me looking.

huntnful

WKR
Not having a chrono, but needing one, is the Garmin flavor a good place to start? Not 22 Creed specific, but it's what's got me looking.
Garmin for sure. Don’t hesitate to buy it.

You need to practice some more & tighten this group up, looks pretty sloppy lmao:ROFLMAO:. If you're going to play with the load some more give N560 a shot. I'm getting outstanding velocity with mine
Good to know!!!

I’m getting insane speeds with no pressure signs shooting 62 eld-vts and rl26. It’s kind of a magic powder in lots of cartridges. Unfortunately it’s damn difficult to find.

Isn’t that geared towards heavy for caliber projectiles as a slow powder?

I’m not experienced with overbore-yet-light/midweight-for-caliber optimal burn rates. I would have guessed more along the lines of Varget or XBR?

Mo overbore, slower the powder. 22 Creed is pretty overbore. I mean people use RL26 in 6.5 creed to maximize velocity.

I think right now the Garmin is the best on the market

Agreed. The Garmin chrono is the best thing going right now.

Just ordered my barrel. The Carbon Six summer sale got to me. I am in no hurry, so I have time to get a donor action for it (Tikka). I went 19" with a 1:7 twist.

waspocrew

WKR
Yep, I feel like I still have room from there. But I think ill start ripping the jackets off if I push them any harder.

What’s your twist?

39 gr Varget yields 3654 fps out of my 22” barrel. That’s going 350k rpms with my 1:7.5 twist.

40 gr wasn’t as nice of an ES, but grouped very well. Velocity was 3728 and RPMs are 358k.

I’ll probably just load them with 39 gr of Varget to avoid jacket failures (although 350k RPMs is already up there)

Last edited:

Bubbadoyle

Lil-Rokslider

I have zero regrets in purchasing my garmin. It’s the best option out there imo. I can’t imagine anyone being disappointed in the garmin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro