The 22 creedmoor thread

Yep, the 6.5 just kills quicker
Over the last 10 years I have mostly hunted with a fast twist 22/250 and heavy bullets and 6.5 CM and 260 AI
Despite all the photos, gel tests etc there is no doubt that the larger caliber puts down animals quicker and with more authority
I am going to retire my tikka 1 in 8 22/250 because there are just too many instances where a good shot didn’t anchor like a larger gun does
Ah well I have just made a liar of myself
Killed a very average pig with a very average shot 🤣 yesterday
I just love this rifle and scope so much that I grab it every time
I have run out of TMKs so am going to use 80 ELDMs at 3185 for a while

270quest

WKR
Anyone have any experience on big game with the 77 TMK Launched at 3100+ FPS out of the 22 creed? I have settled on a load with H4350 that is giving me on average 3150-3160 FPS at the muzzle of my rifle. I am dead set on using it for mulies and antelope (if I draw this year) - possibly elk - still debating.

My thought was that bullet at that speed - try to be more lungs and less shoulder if a sub 100 yard shot comes up...???

Anyone have any experience on big game with the 77 TMK Launched at 3100+ FPS out of the 22 creed? I have settled on a load with H4350 that is giving me on average 3150-3160 FPS at the muzzle of my rifle. I am dead set on using it for mulies and antelope (if I draw this year) - possibly elk - still debating.

My thought was that bullet at that speed - try to be more lungs and less shoulder if a sub 100 yard shot comes up...???
I am also set on using 77tmk in my 22 creedmoor vandal x for North Carolina deer..

I keep thinking about trying the tmk just for the terminal performance but it seems to really fall behind an 88 eldm in other categories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR

I’d keep it off the shoulder only for the reason that you’re going to completely destroy it.

Given this I will aim even off the crease into the lungs. Last deer I put a 77tmk within an inch of the shoulder starting at 3k pretty must destroyed the entire entrance side shoulder.

I would have no reservations putting that bullet in the shoulder, mine are starting at 3k.

Toomuchon

FNG
IMG_0309.jpeg
A combination of old school and new school and now I’m part of the crowd.

I had the barrel taken off my .358 Win and replaced with an 18” 1-7 twist barrel chambered in 22 CM. I wasn’t using the .358 because the recoil was fairly brutal and it didn’t kill anything faster than the .223 did.

The stock is made and checkered by me, modelled off classic old English stalking rifles. Very different shape to the modern way of thinking, but I love it just the same. I’ll probably end up building something like a Rokstock for one of my Tikkas at some point- in a nice piece of walnut of course.

Off to the range tomorrow to try it out with some 88gr ELD-Ms.

View attachment 724109
A combination of old school and new school and now I’m part of the crowd.

I had the barrel taken off my .358 Win and replaced with an 18” 1-7 twist barrel chambered in 22 CM. I wasn’t using the .358 because the recoil was fairly brutal and it didn’t kill anything faster than the .223 did.

The stock is made and checkered by me, modelled off classic old English stalking rifles. Very different shape to the modern way of thinking, but I love it just the same. I’ll probably end up building something like a Rokstock for one of my Tikkas at some point- in a nice piece of walnut of course.

Off to the range tomorrow to try it out with some 88gr ELD-Ms.
Gorgeous!