The 22 creedmoor thread

I'd be interested to see how the Superformance does. Dropping my Tikka off this week to get reamed. I'm really leaning towards the Superformance powder. I got Alpha SRP brass to run in it with 75 eldm CCI 450's
I’ll be sure to post results when the rifle comes together. I am really hoping it does well, because I don’t want to have to mess with weighing out extruded powder… would much prefer to use some easy metering powder like Superformance.

Got tired of my 26” 1:7 22cm blowing up bullets so I swapped for my factory 22” 22-250 rechambered into 22cm.

Just shot the same reloads I was using (37.5gr h4350 in alpha SRP)

2985fps so exactly 30 fps per inch lost compared to 26” barrel

First handful out of the barrel, I’m happy, will work up and see if I can get closer to 3100 which would be great.

C5DAD2BF-8C6F-4098-9667-AC7BAADCF719.jpeg

Here’s my load data to add to the pile
Tikka 22-250 rechambered into 22 creedmoor (22”)
88eldm
Peterson SRP with CCI#41
H4350
Ejector mark and slight increase in bolt lift at 41.0gr and 3226fps

Will load up some at 40.0gr (3140fps) and see how it does

Shot another 6-7 at the same target from last night with the old barrels ammo. It’s going to work just fine 😁

8539E09F-E4F2-4AD8-A1AA-6054671AD935.jpeg

Last edited:

Jimbee

WKR
Peterson SRP with CCI#41
H4350

Shot another 6-7 at the same target from last night with the old barrels ammo. It’s going to work just fine 😁

View attachment 605055
88 eldms?

prcwv

Lil-Rokslider
88eldm
Peterson SRP with CCI#41
H4350

View attachment 605055
That's awesome, makes me excited for by build

TheCreeds

FNG
Does anyone have any load information for 77 TMK's and H-4350? Forgive me if I missed it in this thread. I can't see anything on Hodgdon's sight.

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
Got the rifle going again, getting ready for Montana in a few weeks.

After all year on longer barrel rifles my suppressor was shedding some serious carbon on the 16” creedmoor. So much that if I pinched one in the bolt face it would show pressure on the next couple pieces of brass before it was cleared out. Figured now would be a good time to soak my ultra 7 and avoid this during hunting season. Iv seen this a few times now when playing musical cans specifically when going from a longer barrel to a much shorter one.

Not a fan of the whidden in-line seater. Hopefully now that the 22 creed is a saami cartridge or supposedly will be, we will see Wilson put out a seater. That or I’m going to end up with the expensive SAC inline seater. I can’t stand this whidden, too easy to leave one not quite all the way, and overall clunky/not friendly to use.

Sticking with 4831 and running them fairly slow. Hopefully by next week I’ll have the barrel fully broken in, sitting at 170 rounds on it currently.

IMG_0106.jpeg

id_jon

WKR
I've cleaned the barrel once, about 300 rounds in. I'm close to 600 rounds in now, and just started getting really sticky bolt lift and some bad swipe. Guess I'll clean it and assume it will return to normal.
IMG_20231004_205947264_HDR.jpg

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
I've cleaned the barrel once, about 300 rounds in. I'm close to 600 rounds in now, and just started getting really sticky bolt lift and some bad swipe. Guess I'll clean it and assume it will return to normal.
View attachment 610066
Iv been cleaning mine every hundred rounds. Unfortunately I have had a few barrels that I let go in the no cleaning mindset that really never came fully back, even after days of soaking. I now take a little different approach.

Same with my suppressor now. 2oz of carbon left me with lots of carbon constantly falling down into the action.

Pressure seems to be slowly creeping back up in my barrel as well. Wanted a load well below pressure and settled on 39.5gr h4350 at 3050fps or so. With 150ish down the tube now I did not get any barrel speed up but have had a few brass with ejector marks and a couple with case swipe. Cleaned once at 100 rounds and will probably clean every 50, similar to what I had to do with my 25-284 to keep the bolt running smooth. Will be coming with me to Montana for deer/elk combo 👍🏻

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
Pressure seems to be slowly creeping back up in my barrel as well. Wanted a load well below pressure and settled on 39.5gr h4350 at 3050fps or so. With 150ish down the tube now I did not get any barrel speed up but have had a few brass with ejector marks and a couple with case swipe. Cleaned once at 100 rounds and will probably clean every 50, similar to what I had to do with my 25-284 to keep the bolt running smooth. Will be coming with me to Montana for deer/elk combo 👍🏻

I think I may be going to a more frequent interval as well. The can is clean, got out 2oz of carbon, but this last session blew the remainder of the carbon out, no pressure issues at all. And the rifle is hammering.

2800fps is my 88/h4831sc/srp load, I’m guessing from previous that the LRP brass is going to give another 20-40fps. I know I could hit the gas but I think I’d be maxed at 2900ish. I prefer not to run on the ragged edge, and at this speed the barrel has really turned on.

Next few weeks I’ll try to post more pictures. Hoping to put a couple hundred more rounds on prior to the end of October. So long as all stays on the track it’s on, this will be my all around big game gun for the year.

Friend shot it and immediately asked how much I wanted for it.

My experience so far has not been what I’m looking for. 2 different barrels, both tikka factory reamed to 22 cm. The first was one i bought here off the classifieds. The second I bought from [mention]Jaoutdoors [/mention] and had it reamed. First hit about 900 rounds and opened up enough I pulled it. Second has about 800 now and did the same. Haven’t pulled it yet but switched to a different bullet.

Both barrels started shooting 88’s sub moa with Hybrid 100. With the second barrel it opened up to a 3.5 moa 20 shot group. Switched to 77 tmk and it’s shooting those 1.3 moa 10 shot groups.

I’ve tried H4350, H4831, superformance, R22, hybrid 100, R16. In both barrels the Hybrid 100 produced best groups. I’ve also used 80 and 88 eldm and now the 77 tmk’s.

I’ve only used the Alpha SRP brass. Had a few hang fires with cci 450’s and H4350 in around 10° f temps. The bunch of 100 brass I have 12 firings on them now and still going strong.

The reason I don’t think I’ll do another is at distance it doesn’t seem to do well with both barrels I’ve had. Not holding consistency past 500 yards. 223 seems to outshine it so far with the 88’s at least. Have not shot the 77’s past 100 yet.

Maybe it’s the 8 twist barrel but just seems finicky to me. Also this current barrel I don’t think I have cleaned. Maybe once at about 100 rounds of I did at all. Maybe that’s part of the problem also. The first barrel cleaning didn’t seem to improve things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amassi

WKR
My experience so far has not been what I’m looking for. 2 different barrels, both tikka factory reamed to 22 cm. The first was one i bought here off the classifieds. The second I bought from [mention]Jaoutdoors [/mention] and had it reamed. First hit about 900 rounds and opened up enough I pulled it. Second has about 800 now and did the same. Haven’t pulled it yet but switched to a different bullet.

Both barrels started shooting 88’s sub moa with Hybrid 100. With the second barrel it opened up to a 3.5 moa 20 shot group. Switched to 77 tmk and it’s shooting those 1.3 moa 10 shot groups.

I’ve tried H4350, H4831, superformance, R22, hybrid 100, R16. In both barrels the Hybrid 100 produced best groups. I’ve also used 80 and 88 eldm and now the 77 tmk’s.

I’ve only used the Alpha SRP brass. Had a few hang fires with cci 450’s and H4350 in around 10° f temps. The bunch of 100 brass I have 12 firings on them now and still going strong.

The reason I don’t think I’ll do another is at distance it doesn’t seem to do well with both barrels I’ve had. Not holding consistency past 500 yards. 223 seems to outshine it so far with the 88’s at least. Have not shot the 77’s past 100 yet.

Maybe it’s the 8 twist barrel but just seems finicky to me. Also this current barrel I don’t think I have cleaned. Maybe once at about 100 rounds of I did at all. Maybe that’s part of the problem also. The first barrel cleaning didn’t seem to improve things.

It isn’t the twist 7,7.5,8 all seem to work.
If your still interested have preferred barrel blanks spin you up an .750 taperless whatever length you like. All their 22cm barrels I’ve had and my current all hammer.

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR

You might like a 6 creed as well. Really hard to justify the 22 when you look at what the 6 does, with more bullet options.

I know this is Rokslide people don’t clean but unfortunately, when I have let a barrel go so far that needed to be cleaned, it was too late. I didn’t have the equipment to get it back

Cold temps and an 8 twist probably isn’t ideal either with the 88.

And just what iv seen with the 6, I fully expect this to be a 1000 round barrel.

Last edited:
It isn’t the twist 7,7.5,8 all seem to work.
If your still interested have preferred barrel blanks spin you up an .750 taperless whatever length you like. All their 22cm barrels I’ve had and my current all hammer.

I like the cost of just doing a factory take off and having it reamed vs a aftermarket type barrel. Probably won’t go that route.

You might like a 6 creed as well. Really hard to justify the 22 when you look at what the 6 does, with more bullet options.

I know this is Rokslide people don’t clean but unfortunately, when I have let a barrel go so far that needed to be cleaned, it was too late. I didn’t have the equipment to get it back

Cold temps and an 8 twist probably isn’t ideal either with the 88.

And just what iv seen with the 6, I fully expect this to be a 1000 round barrel.

I’m leaning towards a fast twist 243 barrel. Waiting to pick up one from jaoutdoors. A tikka takeoff. Should be very close to the 6 cm in speed. Distance wise also should be on par with the 22 cm.