The 2014 Kifaru EMR II

kodiakfly

WKR
What is everyone getting as far as lids? I'll most likely be ordering one this week. I just got my Barney's frame and had a bag made for that, but I'm just too curious about these and want to give one a shot.

How much customization is doable? If a guy wanted a foliage bag with Mandrake or MC straps, is that doable or are they just made assembly-line style and how they come is how they come?

luke moffat

Super Moderator
What is everyone getting as far as lids? I'll most likely be ordering one this week. I just got my Barney's frame and had a bag made for that, but I'm just too curious about these and want to give one a shot.

How much customization is doable? If a guy wanted a foliage bag with Mandrake or MC straps, is that doable or are they just made assembly-line style and how they come is how they come?

Longhunter Lids are by far what I prefer after using all three Kifaru offers.

armyjoe

Super Moderator
I too run the longhunter on all of my packs. I like the volume and ease of just one zippered compartment. I usually put my rain gear in it for easy access. Then if I get hot after the cold morning its a quick zip above my head and I can put my beanie and gloves in it with the pack on my back.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Just because of the volume?

Extra volume and I found the XTL lid heavy and small for its weight and I don't really use the straps going over the top of the lid to hold things down. I just put handy items in the top lid and my large waistbelt pocket. Headlamp, some snacks, bivy shelter, and other such non-sense goes in there.

I emailed Kifaru last week to see if my target ship date of 4/9 for the EMR II in Highlander is still valid and they said there was no reason to believe otherwise at this point so I'm hoping everything is still on track. Based on what I see on the forum, Luke is the only one to receive one thus far, but his doesn't count... :)

armyjoe

Super Moderator
Yes, you are correct in that we are on schedule for ship dates for the EMR II.

I emailed Kifaru last week to see if my target ship date of 4/9 for the EMR II in Highlander is still valid and they said there was no reason to believe otherwise at this point so I'm hoping everything is still on track. Based on what I see on the forum, Luke is the only one to receive one thus far, but his doesn't count... :)