Texas school shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
There is a debate about this because someone who should not have had access to the weapons they purchased DID have access because some people insist it's a "right" for an 18 year old to buy semi-auto weapons with high capacity magazines that were specifically designed for killing humans, and then it's their "right" to own and use that weapon without supervision.

Why not 17? Why not 14?
Your narrative is all wrong, BUT the short answer is........at what age do Americans become adults? Is it 18? I would say yes because at 18 they can join the military on their own without a parent's permission. I would also say yes because one's 2A rights are just as important as one's right to vote........which is currently allowed when folks turn 18. Kind of funny though, as there's this push by the left to allow 16 year olds to vote. Really? So they want 16 to be the age of becoming an adult? Great........then they'd be complaining about 16 year olds being able to exercise the rest of their Constitutional rights at that age just like you are when they are 18. SMH

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
.....and that's why the constitution allows me to protect myself. I'll do my best and not live in fear.
Actually........it's not the Constitution that "allows" you to exercise your rights. All the Constitution does is RESTRICT the government from violating your rights, and in the case of the 2A......from even infringing on them.

Wrench

WKR
I imagine if we strung these school terrorists up in public and let the birds and flies pick the meat from their bones in public, lots of kids would ask what that guy did. The parents can tell them, that's what happens when you kill innocent people.

I bet it would make the kids think a bit more.

I imagine if we strung these school terrorists up in public and let the birds and flies pick the meat from their bones in public, lots of kids would ask what that guy did. The parents can tell them, that's what happens when you kill innocent people.

Imagine if this was an isis attack. We all would losing our minds. Now we just saw its the libs fault, or there are too many guns, and do nothing.

The reaction of removing guns to stop killings is on par with outlawing lug wrenches to stop driving. I was born and raised on the reservation. A bar fight and a knife was the beginning.

I'm probably out in left field but I feel the root cause of this is the desensitasion of the public to mass killings through movies and video games. Through those we seem to plant the seeds of solution for troubled minds. The diminished religious training stressing right from wrong and ethics and honesty has taken us down a path to this disaster. After a life of training in entertainment I can't imagine why anyone would have guilt after a disaster like this.

Guns are tools. I personally don't have need for an AR-15 type tool. I can't support removing that choice from others because my ruger 10-22 gopher gun or Browning will be next.

I can't see why a regular citizen needs body armor unless you live in New York or Chicago but it shows forethought and long term planning to purchase that for a killing spree.

Killing helpless children is an act of unforgivable sins that I can't understand and never will. Emptying out the mental hospitals in the 70s and putting them on the streets is another that I don't and didn't understand.

We need to look deeper at our society for a solution rather than making us defenseless in the face of a communist takeover.

BjornF16

WKR
The reaction of removing guns to stop killings is on par with outlawing lug wrenches to stop driving. I was born and raised on the reservation. A bar fight and a knife was the beginning.

I'm probably out in left field but I feel the root cause of this is the desensitasion of the public to mass killings through movies and video games. Through those we seem to plant the seeds of solution for troubled minds. The diminished religious training stressing right from wrong and ethics and honesty has taken us down a path to this disaster. After a life of training in entertainment I can't imagine why anyone would have guilt after a disaster like this.

Guns are tools. I personally don't have need for an AR-15 type tool. I can't support removing that choice from others because my ruger 10-22 gopher gun or Browning will be next.

I can't see why a regular citizen needs body armor unless you live in New York or Chicago but it shows forethought and long term planning to purchase that for a killing spree.

Killing helpless children is an act of unforgivable sins that I can't understand and never will. Emptying out the mental hospitals in the 70s and putting them on the streets is another that I don't and didn't understand.

We need to look deeper at our society for a solution rather than making us defenseless in the face of a communist takeover.
Agree completely.

Just would note the Uvalde perp didn’t have body armor…wearing a tactical plate carrier without armor inserts

The media has put out he was wearing BA. Interesting he wanted to look the part but didnt go the full distance. Makes one wonder if this was simply another suicide by cop, with consequences

BjornF16

WKR
Didn’t take long…anyone really believe this is about the children?

Edit: adding a liberal source

Last edited:
So now the burden of “acceptable” for guns will be: if it passes through the body or if it ‘blows the lungs out’ then it is too powerful for self defense?

According to this clown, we want a bunch if underpowered guns that don’t do anything but get stuck in skin for self protection.

Since that’s the case, lets arm the secret service and any confressperson’s personal security derail with BB guns. I bet they feel really safe with those weapons protecting them.

BuzzH

WKR
Gee…here is a Uvalde resident who thinks the border is a factor in diverting LE resources

And there's people on this forum that believe Qanon and get their news from meme's and bumper stickers.

There are people that believe the world is flat too, doesn't make their opinions fact, just another opinion.

Looks to me like someone in Uvalde isn't letting a good crisis go to waste pushing an agenda...I thought that wasn't acceptable?

Well, I guess it isn't, unless its YOUR agenda that is being pushed by a crisis, then its fine.

Carry on...

BjornF16

WKR
And there's people on this forum that believe Qanon and get their news from meme's and bumper stickers.

There are people that believe the world is flat too, doesn't make their opinions fact, just another opinion.

Looks to me like someone in Uvalde isn't letting a good crisis go to waste pushing an agenda...I thought that wasn't acceptable?

Well, I guess it isn't, unless its YOUR agenda that is being pushed by a crisis, then its fine.

Carry on...
Lol…red herring

You can do better

What does that even mean?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
i think its a little too easy for somebody to acess a weapon that has the potential to kill 10 people in a minute. I was drawing a comparison from the steps that local governments have taken to limit acess or discourage abortions as a similar route that we could take with the purchase of semi automatic weapons. A type of hunters ed/ mothers against drunk driving course that you have to sit through with a waiting period similar to supressors. It might not work but it could deter some bad actors. Other than this approach I dont see another path other then arming faculty members at schools which I would prefer not to do. The paranoia, which I know can be justified from time to time, of carrying a weapon in order to stop a bad guy will almost certainly result in more loss of life than less. More guns = more death. This problem isnt exclusive to america as far as developed countries go but it is on a scale in america that is essentially unprecedented relative to the rest of the 1st world. my intuition tells me that it is a unhindered acess to these assault weapons which is driving these stats. nobodys taking our guns at this point. aint gonna happen. I just dont want my children to be murdered because an 18 yr old who plays too much call duty got the bright idea one day to go buy an ar15 but might have gotten talked out of it if he was properly educated on the realities of his intentions. its a chance i would be willing to take.

Bobbyboe

WKR

Carry on...

Attachments

• 229046BC-D1F2-4A37-B1A4-DD8A64938672.jpg
    229046BC-D1F2-4A37-B1A4-DD8A64938672.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 35
I'm just going to drop this here, if you think more laws are going to stop a criminal theres no help for you. Shall not be infringed

jfs82

WKR

Copycat 10 yo. 10!

Is this attention seeking behavior or can a 10yo be this evil?

I have never met a 10yo who i thought was evil enough to be able to do something like that. It is crazy tho what some kids live through and see
I haven't weighed in on the argument portion of this thread as many of you are more well informed, and I don't see the point. But I do work in public schools and often with students with major mental health and behavioral needs... Usually it's attention seeking behavior, but sometimes there are some scary kids out there and most would be surprised how often students get assessed for mental health emergencies/5150/self harm/suicidal ideation/threats against schools. Unlike what many said on here... parenting sometimes has nothing to do with it ( but often it does).

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider

THIS x 100

I've mentioned tactics like this numerous times and everyone stares at me like I am a psycho lol

Our society is so insanely soft and regulated and it creates lunatics to walk around feeling safe. We would all benefit from public horrific deaths of school/mass shooters. But no, its too barbaric (kind of like school shootings).

Further more, there's been several kids arrested now post Texas school shooting for making similar threats. Those kids need to be made example of with zero tolerance.

Status
Not open for further replies.