Testing: Argali Selway 6P Tent

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have started testing and will eventually a write review of the newer Selway six person tent from Argali. Argali Selway

thumbnail_IMG_8453.jpg

I've used it a few nights already this spring in some wet weather and am really impressed so far. It seems like it can be configured in multiple ways for most uses with the multiple add-ons. In possession for testing are:
1 Selway Shelter
1 half insert
1 half floor
2 half liners
1 Carbon center pole
12 stakes
The footprint is large at 157 square feet and can sleep six people with gear. The fabric is a 20D ripstop silpoly which is supposed to minimize sag when wet. After this past weeks weather systems blowing through in Montana, I can attest to that claim. The shelter showed almost zero stretch or sag in a multiday storm.

thumbnail_IMG_8472.jpg

Stay tuned for more updates and ask questions you'd like answered in the final review. The plan is to use this all summer and into the fall and report back with my thoughts.

Here is the thread Brad from Argali started: https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/argali-selway-6p-tent.342121/

thumbnail_IMG_8473.jpg

gdog

Lil-Rokslider
Good to see this. Looking at getting the Selway or Redcliff. Have been trying to find some comparison info. Thanks!

OP
Josh Boyd

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hello Josh,

any news for your testing?
Since my initial post, I've spent a bunch of nights in the shelter. Most were in wet weather before the heat of July hit. The liner and vent has been great in dealing with condensation in the really damp conditions. The liner is simple and easy to clip into place and is really effective. I've also been impressed with the silpoly fabric in the rain. It has considerably less stretch when it gets wet, which helps keep the entire shelter taut; something that is difficult with these large paneled shelters. So far I have been very impressed with the Selway and more testing is planned. I need to see how it does with a little wind.

liner01.jpg

vent.jpg