Terminal ascent or trophy copper

OP
T

Therooster240g

FNG
Classified Approved
The scheels by me has the TA in stock to where I would have to order the TC. So I’m going to try the TA to start with.

As far as ranges- if you plan on shots being farther and a standard 100 yard why would you want to have a zero closer to that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The scheels by me has the TA in stock to where I would have to order the TC. So I’m going to try the TA to start with.

As far as ranges- if you plan on shots being farther and a standard 100 yard why would you want to have a zero closer to that?

Your POA and POI don't necessarily need to match at 100 yards but 100 yards is an optimal distance to set your site.

Said differently - you're using a ballistic calculator to come up with these super short zero distances, I'd instead do the same but with an elevation offset at 100 yards.

With a 300 yard zero it's long arch back to zero at 300 yards with a max of 4.3" high at 170 yards. Your 100 yard zero would be 3.5" high. A lot of room for error with this route. IMO.

I set my zero at 100 yards. You can have a dope card taped to scope, stock, or however your want to do it.
I take a screen shot of drops and set that as my lock screen on iphone or I use my Kestrel.