Team Rokslide Les Welch & James Petker WI Turkey Hunt

OP
Bearhunter
Birds went silent .....
unuqasu4.jpg

OP
Bearhunter
Just went to a transition area for the birds, sat down behind a couple of trees and not 5minutes into it a big Tom comes strutting in behind us. He was approaching then turned and started heading away about the time 2 big volcures flew over and he ran off... Been a rough morning so far, birds 2 Rokslide 0. By the way my feet are frozen Lol!!

OP
Bearhunter
Les sure did have a feeling! Bagged my first Wisconsin Long beard a few minutes ago... Captured it all with the gun mounted go pro as well! Will post the video tonight, after Les gets his bird now!
4evy7uja.jpg
buju3eha.jpg
ymugeher.jpg

OP
Bearhunter
Back in the blind this morning trying to find Les a bird. Today we have no wind, and no birds gobbling from roost either, but it's still early! Much cooler this morning at 32 degrees... Wish I had a Kifaru Woobie!

OP
Bearhunter
7 mag, the Phelps calls are top notch, the orange diaphragm is very easy to blow and really easy to get the softness out of it when the birds are coming in close! There is a very wide selection of calls to choose from and all the latex is top notch and doesn't seem to blow out or loose tone... The slate is must have very easy to use and repeatable sound stroke after stroke! Try them out you will be pleasantly surprised what a great product a city slicker like Jason is putting out!!!

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super quiet this morning, although we put a lot of miles on. James is on his way back home now. I'll update this hunt through out the next 10 days as I will still be hunting, along with my wife and son.

7mag.

WKR
7 mag, the Phelps calls are top notch, the orange diaphragm is very easy to blow and really easy to get the softness out of it when the birds are coming in close! There is a very wide selection of calls to choose from and all the latex is top notch and doesn't seem to blow out or loose tone... The slate is must have very easy to use and repeatable sound stroke after stroke! Try them out you will be pleasantly surprised what a great product a city slicker like Jason is putting out!!!

Thanks James. Jason seems like a real good guy, and I've heard great things about his calls from every one that uses them. I'll have to get some. Congrats again on a cool spring hunt.

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Slow, today. Good weather early, then it has turned to rain. Back at it in the morning.