Tarptent ArcDome Ultra

What am I missing here? Why isn’t this tent getting more traction? Lightweight 4 season tent. Fairly spacious. Is it the price? I figured this would be a highly sought out tent. Has anybody on here actually had their hands on this?

I’ve got the SG Skyscraper and just wondering if dropping some weight to go with this is a no brainer.

What flaws do you all see with this??

nnmarcher

Lil-Rokslider
I think it was a hot topic when they first hinted at its release this winter/spring. I know several members on this site have described this as their ideal tent and were excited about it. I think Durston Gear is also planning to release something similar (the X-Dome) in the near future, maybe October if I recall.

Looks like a sweet tent though, I can’t wait to hear from some users once it’s in the field. I think this is a good application for the Ultra TNT fabric.

Beendare

WKR
The TarpTent stuff is top quality....and has been for decades.

I own a discontinued model of theirs that is 20 years old and still in great shape....

And I just bought a Double rainbow- about 2.5#...and glad I did over the floorless tipi options I own as the early archery elk season was hot and the mosquitos and flies were really bad. It's plenty long for my 6'3", with upright walls that give me more usable space- unlike the tipis and other trek pole options that swoop down low, limiting space and getting condensation all over your stuff.

Nice to have a full tent with floor and bug mesh vs the floorless.
IMG_1398.jpeg

OP
passinggas33
The TarpTent stuff is top quality....and has been for decades.

I own a discontinued model of theirs that is 20 years old and still in great shape....

And I just bought a Double rainbow- about 2.5#...and glad I did over the floorless tipi options I own as the early archery elk season was hot and the mosquitos and flies were really bad. It's plenty long for my 6'3", with upright walls that give me more usable space- unlike the tipis and other trek pole options that swoop down low, limiting space and getting condensation all over your stuff.

Nice to have a full tent with floor and bug mesh vs the floorless.
View attachment 764518
I too have the double rainbow and love it. Most used tent in my arsenal. Just wouldn’t consider it a 4 season so looking at different options.

Hopefully somebody gets their hands on one of these and shares some insight.

It was released the other day and they don’t start shipping till Monday so I don’t think you’ll find any reviews till later next week at the earliest. I did place an order and will report after I test it out. I think the price and the newer material (TNT) has some people skeptical.

OP
passinggas33
It was released the other day and they don’t start shipping till Monday so I don’t think you’ll find any reviews till later next week at the earliest. I did place an order and will report after I test it out. I think the price and the newer material (TNT) has some people skeptical.
Good to know about that. Didn’t realize it was that new. Would love to hear your feedback after you’ve had a little time with it.