Tarptent ArcDome Ultra

OP
passinggas33
That tent sure checks a lot of boxes. Super interested to see how this one will compare to the tarptent. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. I think the sail fabric on the tarptent might be more durable, but I’m not sure. I also am a little concerned by the Durston pole size. But I’m always confused by why tent manufacturers go with certain pole sizes. I guess I’m used to hilleberg and their size matters idea. Excited to see/hear/read the reviews. These two tents are definitely pushing me to want to sell my stone glacier tent and pick up one of these…

That tent sure checks a lot of boxes. Super interested to see how this one will compare to the tarptent. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. I think the sail fabric on the tarptent might be more durable, but I’m not sure. I also am a little concerned by the Durston pole size. But I’m always confused by why tent manufacturers go with certain pole sizes. I guess I’m used to hilleberg and their size matters idea. Excited to see/hear/read the reviews. These two tents are definitely pushing me to want to sell my stone glacier tent and pick up one of these…

I have the SG 2 person tent, and really like it, except the weight. I do like how this durston tent has the ability to use trekking poles to add more stability with wind and snow loads. I have used that on my SG and liked the extra strength it added.

I’ve looked at the SG 1 person tent multiple times, but I just couldn’t get over the entrance and lack of vestibule. This durston tent seems to solve that issue with the side entry.

I don’t know a ton about fabrics and poke size for tents, I like to think tent manufacturers do their testing to stand up to demands.

Still have to wait until Nov for the tent to ship out. Pre order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk