Tarp on the go?

WRM

WKR
Even though I don't really "need" it, I am intrigued by the Jimmy tarp. It won't save me much weight over the Trailstar and maybe only a bit of space, but I'm thinking I may want one just for the heck of it. Seemingly would be a good backup when a planned bivy takes an abrupt left turn. From an actual owner--how wind resistant is it? And, I mean sustained winds, not a few brief gusts. I am only interested if it would have no problems whatsoever with minimum sustained 20 mph winds with higher gusts. Preferably that it would have no issue with sustained closer to 30 mph.

Last edited:

WRM

WKR
It also seems the Kovea Fireball heater would be a good fit with the Jimmy Tarp. Carrying a stove and pipe and having to have a jack installed seems a bit of overkill on a sub 10 oz, basically one person mini shelter.

Still waiting for someone to give input on wind resistance. Thanks

greentimber

Lil-Rokslider
I always carry a lightweight 6x9 for emergency shelter and have been glad I did during several thunderstorms. Quick up and quick down plus it only weighs about 1/2lb

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have and I do....Opening morning in California even....Fog, rain, sleet, hail and snow all in about 4 hours.

Attachments

• IMG_0927.jpg
    IMG_0927.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0928.jpg
    IMG_0928.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 124