Target question

Christopher.Reed

Lil-Rokslider
As a relative newb to the archery game and I’m wondering what the best target solution would be.

I have a small bag target (fairly shredded) and a foam block target (blackout from bass pro) and I’m having issues with my arrows blowing through both sides of the foam target to the point that I stuck the diminished bag target behind the block to keep from burying the fletchings on every shot.

I’m assuming that a bigger bag target would be the ultimate solution for field points while getting a new foam target for use with broad heads. Before I spend the money I wanted to poll the experts and see what the best solution would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JOM

FNG
I've had good luck with the Block 6x6 for field points and broadheads. It has a lot of shots of both without any getting through yet. Having multiple sides to shoot at has probably helped it to endure.

CB4

WKR
It depends how much you want to spend. A new block and bag target could be found for $100 total. But plan on replacing them every year. Below are a list of do it all foam targets I would recommend that will last multiple season.

18-1 (Rinehart) $100-140 depending on sale
High Roller (Morrell) $120 for small | $220 for big
Sevr $135 small | $200 for big
Big 8 (Delta) $190 for small | $250 for big

Wapiti1

WKR
Rinehart, Matrix, Blob are the only broadhead targets that I have had good life out of.

I use the foam for all shooting, FP or BH. Don't see the reason to have a FP target, but also haven't had issues with pulling arrows from the foam.

Jeremy

As a relative newb to the archery game and I’m wondering what the best target solution would be.

I have a small bag target (fairly shredded) and a foam block target (blackout from bass pro) and I’m having issues with my arrows blowing through both sides of the foam target to the point that I stuck the diminished bag target behind the block to keep from burying the fletchings on every shot.

I’m assuming that a bigger bag target would be the ultimate solution for field points while getting a new foam target for use with broad heads. Before I spend the money I wanted to poll the experts and see what the best solution would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can’t speak much to the broad head shooting, but if you’re sticking to field points, Bulldog makes a killer bag

CB4

WKR
Camofire has the Delta Big 8s on it today. Blemished if that matters to you. Look like a good deal to me.

WCB

WKR
I've had no issues with a BLOCK target like the Infinity. Multiple sides to shoot at and multiple spots on each side to shoot at. Of course you need to shoot at different spots and sides. Don't just center punch the target. takes a couple years to get tot he point that I need a new one.

The open foam layered targets work for field points and are nice and light for confirmation shots on travel hunts.

zero reason to buy a bag target.