Talk to your children :(

Kroach

FNG
Sorry for you and your families loss. Suicide has effected my family and is beyond tragic. My thoughts are with you.

nam1975

Lil-Rokslider
I went to our school districts safety and school security meeting last year.
The school counselors most common issues now are self harm and severe anxiety from social media.
It used to be sex, drinking or pot.
Times have changed.

BFR

WKR
Sorry to hear that. Prayers to the family.
We went through the bullying on Snapchat a couple years ago with my granddaughter being bullied. She was cutting on herself and talking about ending it all. We finally convinced her to give us names so we contacted the parents and showed them the posts, also contacted the school and gave them the names. Don’t know what the parents did but the school counselor and principal didn’t want to make waves as a couple of the kids parents were big donors. This was a private christian school. So, in front of them my daughter who was raised country old school told my granddaughter that next time it happened the give the loudest one a good shot to her nose. I would have said solar plexus, but the nose works just messier, oh and she knows how to throw a punch too.
She’s now in a different school, plays 3 sports and is a cheer leader. And she’s not on social media.

Sorry to hear that. Prayers to the family.
We went through the bullying on Snapchat a couple years ago with my granddaughter being bullied. She was cutting on herself and talking about ending it all. We finally convinced her to give us names so we contacted the parents and showed them the posts, also contacted the school and gave them the names. Don’t know what the parents did but the school counselor and principal didn’t want to make waves as a couple of the kids parents were big donors. This was a private christian school. So, in front of them my daughter who was raised country old school told my granddaughter that next time it happened the give the loudest one a good shot to her nose. I would have said solar plexus, but the nose works just messier, oh and she knows how to throw a punch too.
She’s now in a different school, plays 3 sports and is a cheer leader. And she’s not on social media.
Life is precious and the loss of a young life to these type of situations is abhorant sincere prayers to the family of such a loss. Sadly this is a product of todays society teachers, counselors who are afraid to do there jobs, parents who dont want to hurt there kids feelings, perhaps it would of been best to say adjust the kids parents a bit. When it comes to saving my kids life nothing is off the table,Todays pansy ass society create this type of trash and the situations that it causes.

woods89

WKR
I wish you comfort, sir. I have an 11 year old daughter, and I cannot imagine what you must be facing.

For all you parents out there, you owe it to your family to read Jonathon Haidt's new book The Anxious Generation. The data rolling in on social media and kids, especially girls, is pretty bad. It's going to take parents informing themselves and sticking together to make a difference.

My most sincere condolences. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family in this hard time. I’m terribly sorry for this tragic event…

Thank you, though, for sharing with us in your time of grief and pain. Unfortunately, your story is all too common. Even 1 is too many. So sharing your story and talking about it helps bring awareness. So thank you.

My wife and I will be bringing our first child into the world in January. Flip phones when they become a teen and no social media until we determine they are mature enough to understand the dangers…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As someone who has personally struggled with mental illness, I empathize with your situation and will be praying for you and your family. I am sorry that you are going through this.