The Company you Keep

Status
Not open for further replies.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Shupe88 @Rmauch20 Rokslide is a gear focused hunting site. There has been too much gossip, inappropriate comments, negative attitudes etc infecting the entire forum. We’re trying to keep our focus of a “positive upbeat atmosphere”.

If you or anyone for that matter have objections there’s better ways to address that instead of the subtle backhanded comments.

Rmauch20

WKR
@Shupe88 @Rmauch20 Rokslide is a gear focused hunting site. There has been too much gossip, inappropriate comments, negative attitudes etc infecting the entire forum. We’re trying to keep our focus of a “positive upbeat atmosphere”.

If you or anyone for that matter have objections there’s better ways to address that instead of the subtle backhanded comments.
I understand very well and like that it is a gear focused hunting site. As far as the gossip, inappropriate comments, and negative attitude.
Some of the gossip is not gossip it is actually fact. if a comment is truly inappropriate I totally understand removing it. If it hurts your feelings or someone else’s feelings that does not make it inappropriate. When looking at the direction the hunting industry has been heading I think negative attitudes or negative thoughts about it is pretty natural.
Looking the other way or putting blinders on is not going to change any of this. I think you should call a spade a spade. If Rokslide really wants to stand behind the comment that “we are gear-based forum, why have a general discussion area. Most general discussion areas devolve into everything you cited.
And this is an honest to God question. Why have a general discussion forum?
If Anyone took my comment as backhanded I cannot help that, not how it was intended. Perhaps my sense of humor is difficult for some to grasp.
If anything else needs an explanation please let me know.

Ucsdryder

WKR
How about everyone just hunt for their own personal enjoyment and fulfillment and that’s it? Instead of acting like preteens, starved for attention! Likes and clicks and followers are ruining our beloved sport. “Influencers” can only influence if we allow them to, so DON’T. If you “follow” people you’re part of the problem. All these jackoffs need to get real jobs! They are poison to the industry. Matt Rinella for President!
I wish this was true but go into a bowmar video and read the comments. These followers aren’t your rokslide type. I’ve never seen so much leg humping in my Life. These people IDOLIZE bowmar. It’s gross.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I understand very well and like that it is a gear focused hunting site. As far as the gossip, inappropriate comments, and negative attitude.
Some of the gossip is not gossip it is actually fact. if a comment is truly inappropriate I totally understand removing it. If it hurts your feelings or someone else’s feelings that does not make it inappropriate. When looking at the direction the hunting industry has been heading I think negative attitudes or negative thoughts about it is pretty natural.
Looking the other way or putting blinders on is not going to change any of this. I think you should call a spade a spade. If Rokslide really wants to stand behind the comment that “we are gear-based forum, why have a general discussion area. Most general discussion areas devolve into everything you cited.
And this is an honest to God question. Why have a general discussion forum?
If Anyone took my comment as backhanded I cannot help that, not how it was intended. Perhaps my sense of humor is difficult for some to grasp.
If anything else needs an explanation please let me know.
Well said. Calling someone out that admits they broke the law is not ok anymore? Rokslide is way more than a gear forum.

Rmauch20

WKR
Probably on my way out anyway so what does it matter. If anyone wants to take the time and listen to the end of the ElkShape podcast they break down what happened. Recommend you listen and make your own conclusions.
To me it sounds like they took ownership of misunderstanding the regs and got a break.
Not the end of the world. It happens. If you make a mistake take ownership and move on it’s better than trying to control the narrative and spread misinformation.

xBobby

FNG
Probably on my way out anyway so what does it matter. If anyone wants to take the time and listen to the end of the ElkShape podcast they break down what happened. Recommend you listen and make your own conclusions.
To me it sounds like they took ownership of misunderstanding the regs and got a break.
Not the end of the world. It happens. If you make a mistake take ownership and move on it’s better than trying to control the narrative and spread misinformation.
what episode?

grfox92

WKR
I listened to it this morning.

The episode was recorded before the thread came out here on RS.

They took full ownership for what happened. He wasn't even hunting at the time he was spotted by the OP.

I'm not elkshape fan boy. I've listened to a few of his podcasts but that's it. They didn't do anything crazy and they owned it before anyone knee about it.

Talk about Guilty until proven innocent and then still being guilty anyway.....

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Rmauch20 I saw your comments and your PM I’m going to respond with my phone number as our conversation will be much more productive that way

TreeWalking

Lil-Rokslider
People are people and that includes hunters. You may feel nothing less than a bow carved by you shooting arrows you carved is real hunting. Another person may feel compound bows are more ethical than lower-powered long bows. Both bows tend to be legal for archery hunts. Ethics are not clear cut.

You may find distaste on how I hunt. I may find distaste on how you hunt. If we are both hunting legally then we each likely not going to take kindly to being told our way is not the right way.

A gut shot is bad. Should be avoided. Not illegal.

A 400 yard shot on an animal is not illegal.

Hiring a crew of 20 guys to pre-scout for you and lead you to a sniping position for harvesting a great animal is not illegal.

Whining about how real hunters should agree to not hunt a certain yet legal way is your right but the more you try to clarify the right way then you will find it harder to gather a meaningful group of protesters or boycotters under that tent.

Where will you draw the line at distances can shoot, weapon types, technology used, drawn vs landowner tags, how to deal with two hunters showing up at the same basin on opening morning on public land, the placement of chairs and tents by water holes on public land to "claim" the public spot, harvesting the heart, kidneys, neck meat, etc?

Relying on "you know it when you see it" rarely is an agreed upon observation when you compare notes. That is true if a group of 10 people are sampling 10 wines and rank from best to worst. That is true of legal hunting methods.

Boycott until the cows come home. Might work. Might not. Depends on how many hunters can agree to the tent they will gather under agreeing on what is the right way to hunt or not.

The10%

Lil-Rokslider
I listened to it this morning.

The episode was recorded before the thread came out here on RS.

They took full ownership for what happened. He wasn't even hunting at the time he was spotted by the OP.

I'm not elkshape fan boy. I've listened to a few of his podcasts but that's it. They didn't do anything crazy and they owned it before anyone knee about it.

Talk about Guilty until proven innocent and then still being guilty anyway.....

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk
Did the podcast and the OP's story match up?

Status
Not open for further replies.