Talk me out of it. New rifle decision.

I have my mind set on a Seekins PH2. I am on the fence on a 300 prc or the 300 win mag. I have reloading components to last my lifetime for the 300 win mag, but the prc just checks all the boxes for me. I only have the 300 win mag components because I have a few rifles chambered in that caliber. They are back ups, but I felt it necessary to stock up. The fiscal choice is a 300 win mag, but if I’m spending the money on my dream rifle I feel I should get the caliber want as well.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
In my opinion they are another overpriced Remington clone bolt action rifle. In that price range you’d be way better off looking at Sakos. In particular, the new Sako 90 Quest rifle is wonderful to shoot and is a much more reliable and repeatable rifle.

manitou1

WKR
In my opinion they are another overpriced Remington clone bolt action rifle. In that price range you’d be way better off looking at Sakos. In particular, the new Sako 90 Quest rifle is wonderful to shoot and is a much more reliable and repeatable rifle.
Have you owned a Seekins?

gearguywb

WKR
I have owned a few Seekins. IMHO, they are very good rifles at a niche price.

The PH2 is in a pretty sweet spot. A bit more than some of the stock offerings from major manufacturer's, but a good deal less than a full custom route. I wouldn't hesitate to pick up another one.

As far as caliber, sure a PRC is the sexy kid on the block, but there is nothing wrong with the WM.

I am the last guy to talk anyone out of a new rifle!

bmart2622

WKR
Realistically, what will the PRC do that the WM wont? Or....if you just want a PRC then get it....youre the one paying for it so your opinion is the only one that matters

TaperPin

WKR
I also picked up a 300 PRC this past year and good brass is readily available and there seems to be dies everywhere. A neat cartridge.

littlebigtine

Lil-Rokslider
The seekins shoot lights out but the action cycle leaves a bit to be desired in that price range. I’d buy a tikka and customize it