Tactacam Reveal X Gen 2 - Thoughts?

OP
B
After running two of them last season I can say that they are much more "Bulky" than the Gen 1's. I don't really use all the extra features and I don't care for the new antenna's...the Gen 1 antennas seemed fine. Pic quality is good, range is good but I agree with Kshuter8080, they miss some pics based on different tests i ran. I was trying to standardize on one brand but I have my reservations, eventhough the Gen 1's were better than the Link Micro's I was running.

I ran three gen 1 and one XB. Good picture quality and do a good job for a budget cell cam. Trigger speed seems slow on the Gen 1 especially if you have them set as timely delivery. If you do one set time a day to get your photos that helps with trigger speed. Anyone know if the Gen 2 have a quicker trigger or about the same?

BrentH

WKR
Went to grab my Reveal X Gen 1 out of the woods today, and it was full of water. I left the same camera out all last winter with no issues. Might have to pick up a Gen 2 to try out.

I have 2, year 1 they were great.
Now the Xb model started to send multiple blank pictures repeatedly. I contacted their customer service and they recommended turning one antennae up and the other down. Now it sends 3-4 check-in pictures twice a day, so not completely fixed. Could be an issue if you have one of their limited plans.
Customer service is lacking.
pretty crappy solution to the problem and they wouldn’t credit the month of service that I paid for when it wasn’t in the woods while troubleshooting with their tech. Not to mention making multiple trips out there to swap SIM cards and other things they wanted me to try.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
asdew04