Tactacam Reveal X Gen 2 - Thoughts?

Looking for feedback on the Reveal X Gen 2's. I have a couple original Reveals and they have been excellent. I'm looking to add a couple more Reveals but there are several new models. If you've had the Reveal X Gen 2's in the field...let me know you thoughts?

Huntin Fool

Lil-Rokslider
I have one it works just as good as the regular reveal, picture quality seems to be a bit better.

Fullfan

WKR
I have 6 of them, 5 are doing great. I have one that no matter what setting I have it on, all the pics are black.

I have 6 of them, 5 are doing great. I have one that no matter what setting I have it on, all the pics are black.
Same here, I have 3 gen 1 reveals, and talked my buddy into buying a few gen2's and he has 1 that just wont take night pictures, like the flash/infrared wont work. He has sent it back to tacticam 2 times and still not working correctly. but for the most part these cam's are great!

My brother has 3 of the Gen 2s. Pretty good all around for the price. I know he's happy with them compared to his Stealth cams, which he seems to have frequent issues with.

elfeyes

FNG
I have first gens and second gens that I can't really tell any difference. Good camera's for the price point.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

rebels20

FNG
I have several and they are great. You also cannot beat Tactacam Reveal customer service. Top notch. Follow their fb group several customer service employees there to help anytime.

I recently picked one up this year after hearing good things. This one doesnt take a lot of pictures. Ive played with the settings, and even have it on video, but only get a few pictures a day. That is with 20 pig sounders showing up that would usually cause a 50 picture session. Its 3 hours away so Im trying to fix remotely. Picture quality is good, i just know that animals usually hand a round a feeder for a while. I sat on the phone on hold for 30 mins yesterday, but had to go take care of an emergency. Ill tey again today. Still has been less frustrating then the spylinks i was using, and the pictures are good. When i get them.

ive been using Muddy Manifest 2.0's for about a year up until this last Sept when they started going to s***.

I bought 2 Tactacam Reveal Gen 2's but havent received them yet. Once i get them up and running, i can update this thread.

aaronmn

FNG
Slow on the trigger at times.
775dbe514b065deacac4fccff9bf75b1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

tmwtrfwler

Lil-Rokslider
Found this tonight via the search feature. The deer’s arse cracked me up. I’m about to get 3 of these cameras. Any recent thoughts on them before i do?

OP
B
Found this tonight via the search feature. The deer’s arse cracked me up. I’m about to get 3 of these cameras. Any recent thoughts on them before i do?
they take good pics, good receiver so they pick up signal where my phone has almost nothing. I like that the XB doesn't use infared. They are large/blocky cameras...my Gen 1's were more compact. I like the antenna better on the Gen 1's. App i sgood and pretty easy to setup.

Badseed

WKR
I have an XB and a pro model. Both seem to work really well and the antennas work amazing. Even though my cell phone doesn’t have service at the camera site, the cameras continue to send out photos without a problem. The triggers do seem slowish but often times, the memory card will have more images than what the app shows. So if in doubt you need to pull the card. The xb and pro have different nighttime flashes but neither one appears to spook the deer. I used energizer lithium batteries in cameras and had them in the field for 3 months. Each camera probably took 500-1000 images in that time span, I prefer the multi shot option, anyways when I removed the cameras they still had more more than half battery life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the money I guess they are alright but very far from top of line. Trigger speed is not good, recovery time between photos is worse, picture quality is mediocre, and they flat out mis a $hit ton of pictures. Put them on the same tree or post with other cell cam MFG's & you'll see how much they actually miss.

I ran 6 of them this past season and for the most part liked them. They 100 percent miss photos though.