Synthetic odor treatment

Bazookas

FNG
Is there a synthetic odor treatment similar to what companies now use, like Polygiene, to treat synthetics we already own? I've noticed over time a lot of my synthetics just carry more of an odor faster

sr80

WKR
I found that some of my synthetic tops seemed to keep a bit of odor to them once i get hiking and they get sweaty again. I did some googling and found and tried this and it actually worked. 1 part vinegar to 4 parts water, soaked two shirts in that for a couple hours and tossed them into the wash with some more vinegar in the fabric softner tray. Like it said it worked, and worked well, zero smell to them. Now everytime when i wash them i just use vinegar fabric softner tray .

Rufus

Lil-Rokslider
I normally use vinegar in the wash and have had good results. We’ve also used “Lysol laundry disinfectant sport wash” on my son’s (4 of them) sports clothes with good results also. Issue with the lysol stuff is that it leaves a scent that lasts for a while. Vinegar doesn’t seem to do that.

I’ll echo the comments above. Half the battle is getting rid of any funk they have stored up. Untreated synthetics certainly get stinkier quicker, but a good cleaning will help eliminate what ever nastiness they have been carrying around. Vinegar soak works good to get them back to normal, and the laundry sanitizer works pretty well to help maintain.

I found that some of my synthetic tops seemed to keep a bit of odor to them once i get hiking and they get sweaty again. I did some googling and found and tried this and it actually worked. 1 part vinegar to 4 parts water, soaked two shirts in that for a couple hours and tossed them into the wash with some more vinegar in the fabric softner tray. Like it said it worked, and worked well, zero smell to them. Now everytime when i wash them i just use vinegar fabric softner tray .
Does the shirt smell like vinegar after washing?