FORLOH - Brush To Mountain Pro: The Ultimate All-Terrain Pants

slowelk

WKR
This company is a USA made outfit, right here in MT. Your comment is speculative. Why not ask them instead of guessing with a negative comment?

Do you remember their pack release post?

They have never engaged with any forum members, only ever directing you to their site which rarely answers the question that was asked. Now, they rip off a well known product, and pass it off as their own with a lame intro video acting like they’ve come up with something innovative.

I couldn’t care less that it is made in USA and their owner has claimed Montana as home.

They should stick to making camo bikinis.

Dave_S

FNG
I'm all for buying American. But I'm not going to buy a product solely because it's made in America. Companies still need to bring something else to the table to raise their product above the competitors. I haven't searched every post these guys have ever made, but I regularly see them respond to threads with blatant advertising and no further engagement. I find the appeal to patriotism to be disingenuous, and nothing more than a shallow sales tactic.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
I didn’t do much digging into their perceived marketing tactics said in here, but it does seem a bit alarming that they won’t respond with answers and in the field experience.

With that said, I have their rain jacket and it sure did keep me dry in north Idaho shit storms last fall. Seems very durable too.

madcalfe

WKR
Why try to reinvent the wheel. The kebs and vidda pro are the best pants I've ever worn. They are made in Vietnam. The company is global. Their margin is probably much higher than Forloh.

Even if Forloh did nothing materially or functionally different with their pant, I would still buy them if I needed a pair (just bought some kebs last fall). They're completely USA made and sourced in the USA of possible. Why not support a good USA hunting brand if performance is the same?

Edit: Forloh BTM pants are 100% USA sourced
The point I was trying to portray was be original with your products. Its one thing to piggy back off a existing product and make it better or to approve upon it but to just clearly duplicate it and say "choose american" is a little distasteful. hell they might as well copy Kifaru packs now considering how bad theirs flopped.

dlee56

WKR
I like what Forloh is “trying” to do, and some of their stuff is nice/comfortable. But it’s just too obvious that the company is way out of touch of the needs of real hunters/outdoorsman.

The company overall feels like a rich guy that is losing millions to produce what he wants for his own adventures, all while trying to make it a fad/huntress/insta popular brand.

All that being said I do like their all-clima jacket for wearing around town and their pants are a super comfortable cut for late season hunts. We need more USA made brands but until they are made well and with real use in mind (leaving the ego show at the door) it’s going to struggle to take off.

They need to fire whoever the employee is that posts on here and try again. It would be funny if the one running their account on here was an owner though 😂

madcalfe

WKR
lol plus their marketing team
i mean the video for the pants is quite funny. a guy sitting on a rock in the middle of a field with not a spec of dirt on the pants:ROFLMAO:

OP
ForlohFamily

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
How well do waxed nylon/cotton fabrics perform in warmer temperatures? I've never tried a pair because I assume they would be too hot. Otherwise, looks like a great pair of pants for cooler climates with lots of features.

They strike me as a US made alternative to some of Fjallraven's options like the Kebs. Looking forward to hearing some reviews!
The BTM 'Brush to Mountain' All-Terrain Pant, offer several benefits and considerations for performance in warmer temperatures:

Performance in Warmer Temperatures​

1. Breathability:
    • The nylon/cotton ripstop fabric itself provides increased breathability, which helps in warmer conditions by allowing moisture and heat to escape, keeping the wearer more comfortable.
  2. Temperature Regulation:
    • The pants include zippered side vents for temperature regulation, allowing users to open or close vents to control airflow and cooling as needed. This feature enhances comfort in warmer climates by providing adjustable ventilation.
  3. Wax Coating Impact:
    • The paraffin wax emulsion treatment adds a layer of water and abrasion resistance. However, waxed fabrics can be less breathable than unwaxed fabrics. This could potentially trap more heat and moisture against the skin, making the pants feel warmer.
Overall, waxed nylon/cotton fabrics in the Ultimate 'Brush to Mountain' All-Terrain Pant are designed to perform well in various conditions, including warmer temperatures, thanks to their breathability, temperature regulation features, and comfort-enhancing design elements. However, the wax coating may slightly reduce breathability compared to unwaxed fabrics, which could make the pants feel warmer in very hot conditions.

OP
ForlohFamily

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Forlohs material specs

100% Sourced and Manufactured in the USA
BTM Wax Ripstop fabric: spun intimate blend 50% type 66 nylon 50% cotton spun yarn (42/2 + 17/1); ripstop box size: .75 mm x .75 mm
Fabric weight: 6.6 ounces/sq yard

Fjallraven keb spec
Material: G-1000®: 65% polyester (recycled), 35% cotton (organic)
63% polyamide, 26% polyester, 11% elastane
Reinforcement areas: Knees, Rear, Pockets
Legal notice: Contains non-textile elements of animal origin.

@ForlohFamily , have you done testing on the breathability and durability of your blend utilizing nylon and higher cotton % vs fjallraven use of polyester?
We have and the cotton component in the nylon/cotton blend generally offers better breathability compared to polyester. However, the wax treatment on the nylon/cotton blend could reduce this advantage to some extent. Both nylon/cotton blends and polyester are highly durable. The addition of nylon and a wax treatment to the cotton blend enhances its durability significantly, making it comparable to or even exceeding that of polyester in some respects.