SXS gun transport

Flyjunky

WKR
Hey everyone, need some advice and input from those who have used the Kolpin gun boots. I was going to order the newer version gun boot called the stronghold xl because the description says it holds a scoped rifle up to 52" with a bipod.

After reading the reviews and some pictures that customers have posted it seems like it won't be usable to a rifle with a 50mm scope with exposed turrets. So, my other option is to just use my hardcase and strap it down in the rear bed.

Has anyone used the Kolpin with a rifle similar to the specs I listed above? Any other options?

willtim

WKR
I've heard from friends that the gun boots are crap. I have a Polaris Ranger. I put my rifles in a Pelican case and strap it to the front rack. There is less bouncing/vibration up front.

swavescatter

Pain in the butt!
I run the Big Sky overhead gun rack in my Ranger. Works great, keeps rifles handy, inside, securely mounted.

Have a similar issue with my ATV. Colorado requires hard case. So I think I’m going to have to strap my pelican to it.

OP
Flyjunky

Flyjunky

WKR
I've got one of these, works good.
Do you find the guns bounce around in those cases? Do those bags have any kind of strapping inside to hold guns in place?

I’ve thought about the overhead racks but hunting the high desert it’s so dusty I need the guns inside something.