SxS Double Bow Storage

moosebait

FNG
Been searching this topic on the web to no avail...

I have a standard cab Canam Defender and am looking for creative storage for two bows. I live in Colorado, so they have to remain cased and I am trying to avoid having hard cases take up my entire cargo bed or limiting visibility on a front rack. The only thing I've seen online that would work is a double bow soft case that straps to a headache rack. It looks decent enough, but the reviews don't give me confidence that I won't have to replace it every year.

Has anyone come up with creative solutions for this?

I used a case like you described, double soft case, strapped to the roll bar, freed up the bed for packs.

Mine has held up decent, but it's only actually a few weeks of use, I don't leave it on for extended periods.

Can't remember the make, some kinda no name camo, orange interior.

This is it:

tdhanses

WKR
I have a cabelas soft type case i can mount anywhere. Doesn’t look like the sell it anymore though, was a great value.

My buddy has a canam and bought a rack that attaches to the rear hitch. It comes up and is parallel with the bed. Works pretty good with his double bow skb case.

Jbehredt

WKR
I have the soft one mentioned, I’m on my 2nd in 6 years. The zippers need to be beefed up. Especially important when they get dusty. It works but like you I wish there was something better. Or I knew a world class seamstress that didn’t hate doing zippers.

sf jakey

Lil-Rokslider
I used a case like you described, double soft case, strapped to the roll bar, freed up the bed for packs.

Mine has held up decent, but it's only actually a few weeks of use, I don't leave it on for extended periods.

Can't remember the make, some kinda no name camo, orange interior.

This is it:
If you ride in dust, don’t waste you money on this. Zippers suck

Only way you are beating dust is with a quality sealed hard case.

I don't worry about it. Air nozzle after a hunt. I hate it on my pack more than my bow, puffs out everytime you put it on. Tried using trash bags, it helped, but still ends up everywhere.

OP
M

moosebait

FNG
Thanks, guys! With the recent explosion of SxS owners, I'm sure someone will come up with something a little better than these soft case options. In the meantime, sounds like it'll have to do.

tdhanses

WKR
Thanks, guys! With the recent explosion of SxS owners, I'm sure someone will come up with something a little better than these soft case options. In the meantime, sounds like it'll have to do.
I haven’t had a huge issue with my soft cases, i have both atv and rifle ones and they are going fine after years of use and keep 99% of the dust off everything.

Look at the lakewood double, kind of a hard/soft hybrid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This right here is the ticket. They fit perfect in the bed of the machines and take up the least amount of room with out giving up protection.