Switching to Android from Iphone

I was an iPhone guy for a while with AT&T and switched to the android phone with Verizon. I switched back to the iPhone for a few reasons. My android froze so much it was next to useless.

This was a common problem a few years ago. First of all, you refer to it as 'android', but unless you use a Google Nexus phone you are really using some customized and bastardized version of the OS that has been heavily modified by a hardware manufacturer. It'd be like if Dodge took a Durimax Diesel but replaced half the parts with plastic parts and super glue. On top of that Verizon is known for putting a lot of their own crapware on as well. As I said before Samsung (which I would bet is what your tried due to your cheesy comment, those were Samsung customizations that made it feel that way) is a terrible software company as anyone who has used their TVs can attest.

As far as the using more data, this was also a problem for me when switching to T-Mobile from Sprint. But this wasn't due to the OS, but instead having fast data connection almost 24/7. Android does allow you to shoot yourself in the foot though on both data usage and battery life if you install crappy apps with low ratings. I don't see how the ability to send texts over wifi vs SMS matters, but I didn't know iMessage allowed you to send SMS using wifi only to non-Apple users. Security is only as good as the user makes it a priority, so usually it is a joke no matter what OS you are running.

As far as opening a file, I appreciate that Android gives you the option as to how to open it. You can select the default app and it will never ask you again for that file type. Most people do just want the default and I could appreciate that. Maybe Google needs to have different settings for power users vs Apple converts so that when not in power user mode it will just use the default for everything and give you no options.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
My perfect phone would be my s7 running ios with Android options while being able to run on both verizon and at&t