SWFA website updated; More to come in 2024

Spoonbill

WKR
A quick search found this article from a few days ago. Doesn’t say much from my quick read but hey, maybe they are getting MOA orders in.

N2TRKYS

WKR
A quick search found this article from a few days ago. Doesn’t say much from my quick read but hey, maybe they are getting MOA orders in.

It says the article date is August 14, 2024, but the first comment is from 2019. Hmmm. Also, I think they quit selling ammo a long time ago.

Something seems fishy about that article. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Spoonbill

WKR
It says the article date is August 14, 2024, but the first comment is from 2019. Hmmm. Also, I think they quit selling ammo a long time ago.

Something seems fishy about that article. 🤷🏼‍♂️
I agree, from the little I read while skimming it, it seemed off. Maybe it is just a recycled article with a date change.

fwafwow

WKR
Ilya posted on Snipers Hide a few days ago that we are close. I also asked SWFA about my back ordered 3-9 a few weeks ago and got this:

“There is definitely hope on the horizon, and things are happening in the background to get us there. But we've not yet been given the heads up that the scopes are headed our way. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.”
Are you sure that quote wasn't from a politician about some other unfulfilled promise?

Khaosoi

FNG
Posted 3 days ago. Ilya talks a bit about the SWFA line. More importantly, he drops tidbits about what's coming afterward.

Below are the important snippets from the first hour. (I didn't watch the second hour)
Video's timestamp followed by Ilya quotes in bold. Followed by my opinion on what he's actually saying, in red

2:38 "I cannot release all info for the entire product line, but I can talk a little bit about the fixed power scopes"
The variable powers are also being redone

22:20 "I don't know what they will do with other scopes in the line price-wise.... But you're not going to see a huge price increase on the models like this one (Ilya referring to a fixed 10x), where most of the changes are just turrets and some labeling (laser engraving)"
There are more substantial changes being made to the variable power line compared to the fixed power line

27:37 "The original Milquad reticle... is going to persist (stay an option)"
Wasn't sure if this was news to anyone else but it was to me, and I am glad to hear it.

31:45 "The fixed powered scopes are not getting illumination"
He specifically singled out the fixed power scopes here. This, in combination with the second quote makes me believe the variable powered scopes are getting illuminated.

36:25 "other (scopes) are coming out later, (but) the fixed powers are first, 6, 10, 12, and 16x are going to hit the market sometime this summer"
Reiteration that the other SWFA scopes are getting revamped after the fixed powers are released.
not much summer left for those fixed powers to drop..

RWT

WKR
SWFA is the Blockbuster of scope companies. In 10’years a SWFA scope in hand will be as elusive as Bigfoot.

Dobermann

WKR
not much summer left for those fixed powers to drop..
Thanks for that. And while it's more than possible that he knows more about the variable power lines, don't read too much into his wording ... he sometimes says things in a way that implies he knows more than he does.

Doberman you are much kinder than I, I think he is full of crap

I don’t get the negativity towards SWFA, they gave us the best, cheapest, most reliable and user friendly scopes ever

It looks like they took a huge gamble liquidating their entire business to provide capital to finance the next generation of scopes and I wish them the best of luck because I am pretty certain that they will be even better

Bugger

FNG
Thanks for that. And while it's more than possible that he knows more about the variable power lines, don't read too much into his wording ... he sometimes says things in a way that implies he knows more than he does.
He’s recently replied in the comments that the new stock is really close to being available, but SWFA keeps saying there’s nothing on the horizon.. based on recent history I’ll go with SWFA’s word. I bet the first shipments will all go to warranty replacements and filling back orders. We’ll have private reviews on here well before anyone can click “buy” on their website.

I have no idea what is going on with SWFA, but when it comes to optics, thermals, guns, and many other things, ILya Koshkin knows his stuff.

Dobermann

WKR
I have no idea what is going on with SWFA, but when it comes to optics, thermals, guns, and many other things, ILya Koshkin knows his stuff.
Well ... he might work in optics, but by his own admission, he doesn't shoot a lot, and is 'not a good shooter'. His 'reviews' often talk about optical quality and what he 'likes', but he doesn't really do functional evaluations. He has also designed some reticles that are suboptimal for not only hunting, but shooting in general.

He's also spoken many times about 'liking' people from certain companies who are known to make stuff that breaks, and 'not liking' people from certain companies that make stuff that is durable.

I think most of us here have either stopped watching/listening to him, or at the very least are attuned to what he does say / know about, and what he does not.

I'm not hassling him, and I think he has done a lot to educate people on optics terminology and how they work. But you'll likely learn more from this board about how optics really perform in the field.