SWFA website updated; More to come in 2024

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
Posted 3 days ago. Ilya talks a bit about the SWFA line. More importantly, he drops tidbits about what's coming afterward.

Below are the important snippets from the first hour. (I didn't watch the second hour)
Video's timestamp followed by Ilya quotes in bold. Followed by my opinion on what he's actually saying, in red

2:38 "I cannot release all info for the entire product line, but I can talk a little bit about the fixed power scopes"
The variable powers are also being redone

22:20 "I don't know what they will do with other scopes in the line price-wise.... But you're not going to see a huge price increase on the models like this one (Ilya referring to a fixed 10x), where most of the changes are just turrets and some labeling (laser engraving)"
There are more substantial changes being made to the variable power line compared to the fixed power line

27:37 "The original Milquad reticle... is going to persist (stay an option)"
Wasn't sure if this was news to anyone else but it was to me, and I am glad to hear it.

31:45 "The fixed powered scopes are not getting illumination"
He specifically singled out the fixed power scopes here. This, in combination with the second quote makes me believe the variable powered scopes are getting illuminated.

36:25 "other (scopes) are coming out later, (but) the fixed powers are first, 6, 10, 12, and 16x are going to hit the market sometime this summer"
Reiteration that the other SWFA scopes are getting revamped after the fixed powers are released.

BLJ

WKR
Posted 3 days ago. Ilya talks a bit about the SWFA line. More importantly, he drops tidbits about what's coming afterward.

Below are the important snippets from the first hour. (I didn't watch the second hour)
Video's timestamp followed by Ilya quotes in bold. Followed by my opinion on what he's actually saying, in red

2:38 "I cannot release all info for the entire product line, but I can talk a little bit about the fixed power scopes"
The variable powers are also being redone

22:20 "I don't know what they will do with other scopes in the line price-wise.... But you're not going to see a huge price increase on the models like this one (Ilya referring to a fixed 10x), where most of the changes are just turrets and some labeling (laser engraving)"
There are more substantial changes being made to the variable power line compared to the fixed power line

27:37 "The original Milquad reticle... is going to persist (stay an option)"
Wasn't sure if this was news to anyone else but it was to me, and I am glad to hear it.

31:45 "The fixed powered scopes are not getting illumination"
He specifically singled out the fixed power scopes here. This, in combination with the second quote makes me believe the variable powered scopes are getting illuminated.

36:25 "other (scopes) are coming out later, (but) the fixed powers are first, 6, 10, 12, and 16x are going to hit the market sometime this summer"
Reiteration that the other SWFA scopes are getting revamped after the fixed powers are released.
Sounds positive but, I don’t think anyone wants to hear about the labor pains, they just want to see the baby.

sneaky

"DADDY"
The only thing that makes sense is they used to get scopes during a production lull and now the suppliers are busy building scopes for bigger customers so swfa gets the shaft.
That translates to... suppliers are busy building scopes for customers that pay for them.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

JFK

WKR
Anybody have any updates on scope availability or what’s going on at SWFA?
No. But I find it increasingly funny how weird SWFA is in their business practices. Create a scope that lots of people want that’s based on an existing design with literally zero R&D. Then just absolutely fail at making them. Take back orders for close to 2 years with no deliveries. I wish them luck but they aren’t making it easy on themselves.

Dobermann

WKR
A very quick Google-based site search of the Hide doesn't seem to turn up anything recent either. Someone with better Google-fu than me, please feel free to have a go and post any advances here.

ElPollo

WKR
I’ve been emailing the company every few months to ask what is up with availability of the 6x, 3-9x, and their new stuff. All I’ve gotten are apologies saying they plan to stock them, but cannot tell me anything about when. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to realize that a company who stopped selling other people’s products and cannot produce their own is not likely to be around very long. I’m frankly surprised that anyone is answering emails. It’s a sad situation. At this point I will be shocked if they turn it around and start producing new products.

peaches

Lil-Rokslider
It sux. The 3-9 is my favorite scope. 6x was an incredible value.

Trijicon gets all my $ now.

Dave0317

WKR
More to come in 2024 per their website….they are running out of time for that
Pretty sure at one point it actually said Summer 2024. Sometime in the last month or so I think is when it changed to just “in 2024”.
Bummer to see them change their business model to focus on their scopes, and then not stock most of them. Hope their “more to come” announcement is still true, but it’s not looking good after this long of a delay. The longer my bank account sits, the more reasonable it seems to go to Trijicon or Maven for the next couple I buy.

Edit to add: I think I’m probably remembering wrong, I was probably thinking summer of 2024 because of the interview quoted earlier in this thread.

Also, any SWFA reps reading rokslide? Can you give us some hope or confirm if we should just take our money elsewhere?

Last edited:

ChrisAU

WKR
Ilya posted on Snipers Hide a few days ago that we are close. I also asked SWFA about my back ordered 3-9 a few weeks ago and got this:

“There is definitely hope on the horizon, and things are happening in the background to get us there. But we've not yet been given the heads up that the scopes are headed our way. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.”