SWFA rings

Are the $30ish dollar SWFA rings good to go? Are there any better options in the budget ring end of things? For not much more I could get Warnes or Burris Signature Zees or Leupold PRW2s, but the SWFAs have six screws per ring and look pretty bomber although they're unrefined.

Axlrod

WKR
I have 6 or 8 sets from the Black friday package deal days. I have had no issues with them, but I don't have them on my hunting rifles so no real hard use. For my hunting rifles I like the NF ultra lights I trust them to always do their job. So as far as the SWFA's are concerned, you would have to pay a lot more to get anything better.

Drenalin

WK.R
I used them all year on a 223 with no issues through a few drops, a lot of riding in the truck, about 20 hunting days, some range trips, and a couple hundred rounds fired.

I've used a pile of them. Never an issue. Grip a scope well and dont scrape up a tube. I like that they are low as far as pic rings go. They are pretty much my go to unless I need to add elevation or a touch more height, then the Burris XTR Signature get the nod.

kjacg

FNG
I decided to go ahead and use these on my only SWFA scope, as they were included with my 6x. They've been fine so far, but I debated picking up some "better" rings. I appreciate the feedback in this thread. I feel more confident keeping these.

FB Trout

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got a set on a SWFA 6x on a .223 CZ 600 Alpha, nary a problem.

EJFS

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone tried using these rings for a 1" scope with the spacers? Is this a bad idea in general?