Swfa models NLA

Brushcreekbill

Lil-Rokslider

Has anyone else noticed the available models from swfa have been reduced? Not just out of stock but they don’t even show most of them.
Looks like the 6x isn’t even listed anymore

Anyone know the inside story? Are these just gone for good?

N2TRKYS

WKR
That just happened this afternoon. I thought it odd that seemingly out of the blue folks started selling their used SWFAs. I figured they must have known that something was in the works. 🤷‍♂️

Maybe they’re about to update with the new stuff.

Dave0317

WKR
That stinks!

Probably dumb to even hope, but maybe they have an improved 6x model they will release soon. Not holding my breath. I’m just starting to accept that I need to save my money for a Maven.

TheM1DoesMyTalking

Lil-Rokslider
I was hoping that the "more to come in 2024" tagline on the SWFA website meant more inventory, not discontinuing some of their most popular products.

The fact that the website is being maintained and updated is a better sign of life than we've seen in a while. I'm cautiously optimistic that there will be new products coming soon. The question is, will new be as good, better, or something else entirely?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I was hoping that the "more to come in 2024" tagline on the SWFA website meant more inventory, not discontinuing some of their most popular products.

The fact that the website is being maintained and updated is a better sign of life than we've seen in a while. I'm cautiously optimistic that there will be new products coming soon. The question is, will new be as good, better, or something else entirely?
I’d say something else entirely, even if that’s just the price. Just my opinion though.

Could be bad news or it could be good news. Maybe this means an updated SS line with a shorter elevation turret and capped windage will soon be released.

Then again, they could be gone forever.

ElPollo

WKR
If you are trying to build and expand your business, the following seem to be bad approaches:

—Stop distributing other manufacturer’s products before you have fully established your ability to produce your own.

—Allow long multi-year backorders with no communication.

—Promise new products and fail to deliver them.

—Discontinue your most popular products without replacement.

My guess is that whoever is running SWFA is just selling off whatever stock they have before closing shop. Maybe I’m wrong, but nothing they’ve done in the last two years bodes well for their future.

Jimbee

WKR
Probably just ready for a big new Labor Day release/sale. Lucky for me I don't need any scopes.

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
Dang... That's quite the development. Hopefully there is new stuff coming and there is no drop in quality/function.

There are still scopes in stock in the discontinued list as well. It would be nice if they'd put them on clearance if they're discontinuing them. The 10x wouln't last long.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Someone posted a video that Ilya did somewhat recently saying that there were new models coming out soon, he thought summer (which its still summer for another few weeks, haha), and it was his understanding they were first releasing revised fixed models. Since they have changes they are different SKU numbers so I wouldn't read into the prior SKU numbers being discontinued.

Their timeline on all this sucks but I would consider the fact they took the time to make website changes to be a positive signal the new versions are still on the horizon.

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
In reply to @pods8 (Rugged Stitching), that post is below. I agree, looks like clearing out old SKU's for new. But we shall see

Posted 3 days ago. Ilya talks a bit about the SWFA line. More importantly, he drops tidbits about what's coming afterward.

Below are the important snippets from the first hour. (I didn't watch the second hour)
Video's timestamp followed by Ilya quotes in bold. Followed by my opinion on what he's actually saying, in red

2:38 "I cannot release all info for the entire product line, but I can talk a little bit about the fixed power scopes"
The variable powers are also being redone

22:20 "I don't know what they will do with other scopes in the line price-wise.... But you're not going to see a huge price increase on the models like this one (Ilya referring to a fixed 10x), where most of the changes are just turrets and some labeling (laser engraving)"
There are more substantial changes being made to the variable power line compared to the fixed power line

27:37 "The original Milquad reticle... is going to persist (stay an option)"
Wasn't sure if this was news to anyone else but it was to me, and I am glad to hear it.

31:45 "The fixed powered scopes are not getting illumination"
He specifically singled out the fixed power scopes here. This, in combination with the second quote makes me believe the variable powered scopes are getting illuminated.

36:25 "other (scopes) are coming out later, (but) the fixed powers are first, 6, 10, 12, and 16x are going to hit the market sometime this summer"
Reiteration that the other SWFA scopes are getting revamped after the fixed powers are released.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If new turrets are coming, @Formidilosus will have to put these on the list for re-test.
Internals aren't supposed to be changed, just the upper portion of the center post and external size/shape/attachment of the knobs. You know how the 3x9 uses a center vertical screw to hold down the knob versus the 3 perpendicular ones on the fixed models, supposedly the new fixed models will have turret knobs like that now along with an internal zero stop ring.