SWFA 6x failure

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I had it happen on a different brand, they "fixed" it but I recently went to mount that scope and see they didn't reinstall the reticle plumb to the scope body which is annoying.

Wait a minute...so a SWFA does fail......wow, maybe we better do another RS drop test to be sure it was done right the first time and maybe Leupolds aint that bad afterall.

OP
K

KJ_ND

FNG
SWFA warrantied me by crediting me $300 for the scope. I am thinking about the ultralight model or waiting for the new scopes. For now I threw a Trijicon Huron 3-9x40 on the rifle as a placeholder.

hunt1up

WKR
I'm on Rokslide a bunch and always see the love for SWFA scopes. Whenever I need a scope I go look at their website for the hell of it (based on reviews here) and sure enough, zero scopes in stock. Welp, so much for that. Then I go buy a Trijicon or something else. Yeah I get that guys like em. Their supposedly a heck of a scope for the money. But that company APPEARS to be a joke from the view of a casual observer. No stock, no estimation for more stock, no replacement stock?

Do they just not have the cash flow ability to sit on more inventory? So they buy 500 contract manufactured scopes, slow boat them from Asia, sell them, then once they recoup the cash, repeat the process and wait 6 months to start over?

OP
K

KJ_ND

FNG
I'm on Rokslide a bunch and always see the love for SWFA scopes. Whenever I need a scope I go look at their website for the hell of it (based on reviews here) and sure enough, zero scopes in stock. Welp, so much for that. Then I go buy a Trijicon or something else. Yeah I get that guys like em. Their supposedly a heck of a scope for the money. But that company APPEARS to be a joke from the view of a casual observer. No stock, no estimation for more stock, no replacement stock?

Do they just not have the cash flow ability to sit on more inventory? So they buy 500 contract manufactured scopes, slow boat them from Asia, sell them, then once they recoup the cash, repeat the process and wait 6 months to start over?
They are supposed to be coming out with new models. They did a big sale last year closing their store and went to just making scopes. We will see when they actually release anything.

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved

6 months? The last time they shipped a 3-9 was almost 2 years ago (1 yr 9 mo). At this point, while I really like my 3-9, I have no confidence in the company.

As for the fixed 6x, I might sell mine at some point. Whish it was a fixed 4x.

Marshfly

WKR
SWFA looks to be out of every scope but the Ultralights. The fact that people still think they are coming out with new scopes or that you will be able to replace your 6x that breaks is hilarious. They are just selling stock on hand with zero intention of replacing anything.

Ilya koshkin says otherwise.

I’ll take his word over yours.
SWFA looks to be out of every scope but the Ultralights. The fact that people still think they are coming out with new scopes or that you will be able to replace your 6x that breaks is hilarious. They are just selling stock on hand with zero intention of replacing anything.