Swfa 3-15 is legit

Choupique

WKR
I’m thinking about getting in line for another SWFA scope but I’m indecisive which one. I’m mostly between the 3-15 and the 5-20 since I’d like a little bit more top magnification than 9x.

The 5x on the low end is a little high for my preference but I’ve done just fine with the fixed 6x in timber. On the other hand, I don’t really see much utility past 15x or so on a rifle scope. Any thoughts?

I've been leaving my 3-15 on 4 or 5x for kicking around. Idk why I'd ever need 20x, I was always fine with 9. The glass on the 5-20 should be better, so I guess it's whether or not that's worth the extra price to you.

BLJ

WKR
I talked to customer service this morning. He said that the 3-15 were still in stock and for where I am at in line, mine should ship out tomorrow or Thursday.🤞

ZackP

WKR
Well shit, I didn’t see this and was thankful that Black Friday was over. Then I see it’s still on sale 🤦🏼‍♂️

I’m wondering if my wife will even notice it shows up with all the sh** she’s ordered!

All jokes aside, I have a SuperLite 7-08 this would work wonders on.

ljalberta

WKR
I just ordered a 3-9 and another 10MQ. I’m starting to wonder if the 3-15 would be the ticket on a new 17HMR.

As a note for those with 3-9s backordered, they expect another shipment in 30-60 days.

OP
JustSomeGuy35
I’m about to pull the trigger.

3-15 or a 6X AND a 3x9-42?!
Kinda depends on a few things. Like whats the intended use and are you okay with waiting for the scope for a long time?

Most people would tell you to go for the 6x and 3-9. I don't know anyone that prefers the 3-15 over the 3-9 for hunting purposes. I look at the 3-15 as a worthy substitute for the 3-9 that has been mostly unobtainable for a year or so.

If you're cool with waiting for awhile, get the 6x and 3-9. If you need a scope in the next few months, get you one of those last two 3-15's.

BjornF16

WKR
Kinda depends on a few things. Like whats the intended use and are you okay with waiting for the scope for a long time?

Most people would tell you to go for the 6x and 3-9. I don't know anyone that prefers the 3-15 over the 3-9 for hunting purposes. I look at the 3-15 as a worthy substitute for the 3-9 that has been mostly unobtainable for a year or so.

If you're cool with waiting for awhile, get the 6x and 3-9. If you need a scope in the next few months, get you one of those last two 3-15's.
Just get one of each! 🤣

Scoony

Lil-Rokslider
I mounted a 3-15 SWFA on my custom Ruger #1 in 6mm CM.

ZJGpQSI.jpg

Actually like it better then the 3-9 which was having some focus issues. I sent the 3-9 back to SWFA to see if there was an issue with it. Did not have the same focus issue with the 3-15. I am not picky on glass, but do want a sharp, clear, easy to use reticle, and turrets that work, and the 3-15 seems to fit.

Recently built an AR-15 upper in 6 ARC for my son and talked him into getting the 3-15 for that rifle. Seems to be a god fit so far.

Also have a 6x MQ, 10x MQ, 2.5-10 ultra compact, and 1-4 and fully satisfied with all of them.

BLJ

WKR
I got mine yesterday. Looked through it quite a bit. I’ll agree that there is some “graying” at 15x, but nothing that is a hindrance.
For me the reticle is useable on 3x. It is a fine duplex, but it worked for me.
I watched deer at 130 yards in until the sun went down and didn’t notice the glass or reticle to be an issue well past legal light.
Sunset was at 4:59 for me yesterday. The pictures below were taken at 5:15. I would have had no issues taking an animal with that scope if the need were there.
I probably should have bought more. 😀

Attachments

• 770200CD-D387-46EE-88BD-960AC449E6EE.jpeg
    770200CD-D387-46EE-88BD-960AC449E6EE.jpeg
    338.6 KB · Views: 125
  • 90CAB046-660B-4FC9-B759-6592C461CA30.jpeg
    90CAB046-660B-4FC9-B759-6592C461CA30.jpeg
    295.1 KB · Views: 125

clperry

Lil-Rokslider
That good??

Just basing it off reliability that’s already been proven. Everything I’m replacing has considerably better glass… but the glass on these is more than fine. I just don’t want to lose zero….ever, and don’t have NF money to put on everything. This sale seemed like the time to jump on the SWFA train.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sevens

WKR
Anyone know what the thread size is for the cat-tail on the magnification ring? It’s just a millimeter or so too long that it hits my bolt handle. Want to replace it with a socket head screw or something similar to have something to get leverage on.

Choupique

WKR
Anyone know what the thread size is for the cat-tail on the magnification ring? It’s just a millimeter or so too long that it hits my bolt handle. Want to replace it with a socket head screw or something similar to have something to get leverage on.

I'm wanting to do the same thing. When I finally remember to bring it to work and find out I'll let yall know

waldo9190

Lil-Rokslider
After putting one on my 270 this year, I have another one in the safe waiting to go on another rig once I get it all done. I have been wanting a 3-9 for my 270 for over a year, but ended up jumping on the 4th of July sale earlier this year and have been very impressed with the 3-15. Even first/last light in the east central MN whitetail woods was no problem for the reticle on low power.

If the 3-9s ever become semi-regularly available I will probably buy one for my 270 and put the 3-15 it is currently wearing on a different rifle that will see more dialing, but I am 100% sold on SWFA. After zeroing the scope in September, I had the rifle leaning on my work bench at home and it fell onto a (thin) carpet covered concrete floor. Took it to the local range by my work to double check and low and behold it hadn't moved a hair.

ZackP

WKR
Well, I passed on the deal. There are a few other scopes I have been looking at and didn’t want buyers remorse. Now I’m having remorse not buying 🤣

Probably should’ve picked up one or two. Do they do a Christmas sale also?