Swfa 3-15 is legit

I just wish they'd do something about those trashcan sized knobs, other than that they're great optics. Making them both 1/2 the height and capping the windage would do wonders.

OP
JustSomeGuy35
I just wish they'd do something about those trashcan sized knobs, other than that they're great optics. Making them both 1/2 the height and capping the windage would do wonders.
Who knows, man, maybe those huge knobs are a part of the special sauce that makes these swfa's so tough? Start messing with the recipe and bad things might happen. Haha

BBob

WKR
Not my photos. 24hourcampfire. I've seen some done that had the scallops machined back in on them and Cerakoted. Shaen Rifles might have been the gunsmith that did them. I may get around to it one of these days.

Attachments

• Swiffer SWFA SS Knob Reduction.jpg
    Swiffer SWFA SS Knob Reduction.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 120
  • Swiffer SWFA SS Knob Windage Cap.jpg
    Swiffer SWFA SS Knob Windage Cap.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 117

Kenn

Lil-Rokslider
I think that the fact that you had drop tested the Athlon and it failed, gives the impression that the SWFA is more reliable (even though you didn't actually say that.) I get why you wouldn't want to subject a new scope to the test, but I think if you're going to trash the Athlon to promote the SWFA you need to give them equal treatment.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
I realized I was chasing perfection that isn't needed here, but FWIW:
  • Two #16 rings seem to pretty consistently leave you with 5, or 6, clicks below zero.
  • Sandwiching the "new little ring" between the two #16 rings let me go 1 click below zero.
  • There seems to be some play in these numbers.
The above also works on the 6X.

They do NOT work on the 3-9.