Swazi “the hood” vs Sitka heavyweight hoody

Jtenkink

FNG
How is the sizing on the fayettechill polar grid hoodies? I’m 6’4”, 190lbs with a long torso. The Sitka heavyweight that I tried on was just long enough in the body that I was very close to buying it. I like the look and the price of these fayettechill though.

Lawnboi

WKR
How is the sizing on the fayettechill polar grid hoodies? I’m 6’4”, 190lbs with a long torso. The Sitka heavyweight that I tried on was just long enough in the body that I was very close to buying it. I like the look and the price of these fayettechill though.
I won’t comment on sizing for a guy your size, you got almost a foot on me.

montei

FNG
Also interested in these two. And curious how the kuiu peloton 200 stacks up. I’m currently really liking my beyond clothing k2 but was checking out the others.

If you want to actually be warm, get the Swazi.

The HW core is useless past Sept for me unless it's extremely cold and we're packing in/out

I'm not sickforit

I have found this true with most of the grid fleece options. The KUIU 260 fleece is actually warm because the fleece has high pile and isn't grid. Its a trade off you want maximum breathability than grid fleece is great, but doesn't keep the wind out for sh*t. Standard fleece is nice because if you get caught out in something you actually have something that can keep you a little warm.

I’ll be buying more fayettechill, I wonder how they make damn near the same exact thing as Sitka for less money, in the us
i assume the answer would just piss us all off... thanks for the heads up though, i'm in the market for something similar, was going to get the first lite version, but i like US made more, and i think camo is generally overrated, so no loss there.

Lawnboi

WKR
i assume the answer would just piss us all off... thanks for the heads up though, i'm in the market for something similar, was going to get the first lite version, but i like US made more, and i think camo is generally overrated, so no loss there.
I’m slowly moving away from a lot of camo. I can wear the fayettechill all year and not get strange looks. It’s a nice piece you won’t be disappointed. Pine color looks like it belongs in the woods

I have found this true with most of the grid fleece options. The KUIU 260 fleece is actually warm because the fleece has high pile and isn't grid.
i have a thick peloton 1/4 zip fleece hoody (forget the actual weight the fabric is, but think 240) and it's been a great fleece for probably 3-4 years of heavy use.... my problem is the sizing... i'm 6' even and thin (usually weigh 150-160 depending on the time of year) so a medium fits well, but is short in the arms and waist.... a large is too baggy... the material has been great though, lasting as long as any article of clothing for me, but it's gotten thin over the years, which is to be expected how much i wear it

that fayettechill has my interest now, i'll check out sizing but for my body shape, the kuiu just doesn't fit right.... weird considering their pants have a 34" inseam in the smaller waist sizes.

klamath hoody or fayettechill will be where i look first, but like the swazi option too, especially since they are long in the torso... too short of shirts and a pack is always annoying to me