Swarovski to release 14x NL’s

blackshuk

Lil-Rokslider
Yup, moving from 10x to 8x on my chest was tremendous for me. I now carry the stabilized Zulu6 10x but if I went back to traditional glass I would choose the 8x over 10x in a heartbeat.
How do you like the 10x Zulu's on the chest? I'm concerned about light transmission.
Obviously would carry a spotter/larger traditional bino's for glassing sessions as well

180ls1

WKR
How do you like the 10x Zulu's on the chest? I'm concerned about light transmission.
Obviously would carry a spotter/larger traditional bino's for glassing sessions as well

I love em. Low light is an issue. How much? Its a little hard to quantify as a lot of that is dependent on your preference but you do give up low light time.

If you have those and the Swaro 14's you could probably mitigate most of the low light problem by using the 14's during those minutes.

The magnetic enclosed medium Marsupial harness is very snug for the 14x52 NL with no forehead rest. They don't properly fit with the headrest.

I used a #3 Aziak Clamp and ended up using the longest screw. I prefer a mount at the front just like my 10x42 NL's which is a #1. I'll probably end up grabbing the #4 mount allowing it to sit flush with the armor and not crooked.

The image is stunning just like the rest of the series. They feel amazing in the hand.

I'm going to test free handing with a 1951 USAF chart against my 10x42 NL's at different distances. I'll tripod mount them as well at dusk.

I downloaded this chart and printed at home -http://www.takinami.com/yoshihiko/photo/lens_test/USAF.pdf
Print Instructions - http://www.takinami.com/yoshihiko/photo/lens_test/pdml-procedure_c.html

IMG_7840.JPG

Last edited:

chicoredneck

Lil-Rokslider
I look forward to the review. Do you have the SLC 15x56 to compare with? It would be interesting to see how they do on the resolution chart.

I’m not sure how useful this is to everyone? Happy to do different distances along with twilight glassing as well, just let me know. Some rough testing with the USAF in good lighting. I really wish I had the 15’s to compare them to. I’ll stretch a bit more distance when I have some more time.

Groups start biggest at -4 and end at +2 smallest.

There are 6 elements per group, an element is 3 vertical and 3 horizontal lines. The goal is to discern all of the individual lines in an element.

25 Yards Free Hand w/ FRP
NL 10x42 2nd element of group -1
NL 14x52 3rd element of group -1 (1 better compared to 10’s)

25 Yards Tripod
NL 10x42 5th element of group -1 (improved by 3)
NL 14x52 1st element of group 0 (improved by 4)
Kowa 66a 25x 1st element of group 1 (6 more compared to the 14’s)

Honestly pretty impressed with hand holding of the 14x52. Don't get me wrong, the 10x42 has very little shake compared to the 14's. It’s immediately apparent when switching back to the 10's. I definitely won’t be selling them just because I have the 14’s. There’s definite eye strain when trying to focus on the chart after a period of time with the 14’s as opposed to the 10’s which are an absolute joy to free hand.

Last edited: