Swarovski to release 14x NL’s

waspocrew

WKR
These seem awesome, although now I'm seeing some pretty awesome deals on used 12s.... decisions!

chicoredneck

Lil-Rokslider
Sports optics had a sale going with no sales tax. Also scopist and camera land my will usually make you a deal if you reach out.

wnelson14

WKR
I would like to know the percentage gain in spotting animals with the below vs each other because its probably marginal and hunt dependent:

Option 1. Rangefinding binos + NL 14s
Option 2. NL 12s + lightweight spotter
Option 3. High end 8s or 10s (or Zulu 6s) + SLC 15s.

Tahoe1305

WKR
I would like to know the percentage gain in spotting animals with the below vs each other because its probably marginal and hunt dependent:

Spotting animals I agree all will get it done with minor differences.

That said the spotter is the only one at longer ranges that will allow you to trophy pick.

huntnful

WKR

Rangefinding binos have no direct relation to finding animals when paired with a larger bino IMO. They are just a killing tool in the system, not really an animal finding tool.

NL 12’s are probably my the best all around game finding bino IMO. You still see animals FAR away, but have a larger FOV to potentially see more animals in the close to mid ranges.

I havent got into the image stabilizing binos because I hardly ever free hand glass.

wnelson14

WKR
Rangefinding binos have no direct relation to finding animals when paired with a larger bino IMO. They are just a killing tool in the system, not really an animal finding tool.

NL 12’s are probably my the best all around game finding bino IMO. You still see animals FAR away, but have a larger FOV to potentially see more animals in the close to mid ranges.

I havent got into the image stabilizing binos because I hardly ever free hand glass.
Agree with all that.
I was basically trying to say if you’re a proficient glasser and have some experience , Selling SLC 15s or NL 12s to upgrade won’t find you more animals.

My ideal setup would be NL 8x in harness and NL 12x in pack for more detailed work (or 14x)
Hunting for racks 8x in harness with my big spotter.

huntnful

WKR
Agree with all that.
I was basically trying to say if you’re a proficient glasser and have some experience , Selling SLC 15s or NL 12s to upgrade won’t find you more animals.
I do not believe it will find more animals. Just a different glassing experience, maybe save some weight, or gain some magnification from a previous bino. But finding more animals than 15’s or 12’s, I doubt it would make a statistical difference

Option #3 d/t greater FOV (8x) will spot more animals. Combine that with a 12x/14x/15x or spotter. Solid setup IMO.

I'm in no man's land right now. I have a 10x SLCs and 12x NL and Swaro 20-60x80 spotter. If I were to do it over I would get the 8x, 12x, and a spotter with a 65 mm objective. Only those 3. Probably grab 8x, keep 12x b/c I like the FOV and ep is nearly the same as the new 14x. Might sell the spotter for a 65 mm spotter. IDK

180ls1

WKR
Option #3 d/t greater FOV (8x) will spot more animals. Combine that with a 12x/14x/15x or spotter. Solid setup IMO.

I'm in no man's land right now. I have a 10x SLCs and 12x NL and Swaro 20-60x80 spotter. If I were to do it over I would get the 8x, 12x, and a spotter with a 65 mm objective. Only those 3. Probably grab 8x, keep 12x b/c I like the FOV and ep is nearly the same as the new 14x. Might sell the spotter for a 65 mm spotter. IDK

Yup, moving from 10x to 8x on my chest was tremendous for me. I now carry the stabilized Zulu6 10x but if I went back to traditional glass I would choose the 8x over 10x in a heartbeat.

Sled

WKR
Yup, moving from 10x to 8x on my chest was tremendous for me. I now carry the stabilized Zulu6 10x but if I went back to traditional glass I would choose the 8x over 10x in a heartbeat.

That's why I have maven B3 8x on my chest. Lighten the load and carry higher power in the pack, spotter or 15x binos

The next step “up” would be to add big eyes either BTX or twin spotters. Pretty much splitting hairs with all of those combos.

WRO

WKR

I’m planning on going with option 1, el range 8x32 and NL 14s but I’ll still have my spotters.

Option A:
NL 8x42 (bino harness)
NL 14x52 (pack)
ATX 30-70x95 (pack)
BTX 35x eyepiece (pack)

Option B:
NL 12x42 (bino harness)
STC 17-40x56 (pack)

Option A or B …. depends on the hunt.

Fritz D

FNG
Question for the folks that run the head-rest attachment on their NLs-do you find that it really helps image stability when hand-holding?
Reason I ask is that I have the EL 10x50 which I love but have trouble holding steady for any length of time?