Swarovski Fail

Slalomnorth

Lil-Rokslider
So about a year ago I finally decided to buy a pair of slc 10x42 and a 85 atx spotter. The spotter has been great. I’ve always thought there was something a little off with the binoculars, and finally figured it out today. The short of it is they are out of alignment. The left and right eyepiece do not focus at the same rate no matter how I set the diopter. Obviously this is a major problem.

I called Swarovski and they told me there service time is about 46 weeks out (in my head I’m thinking, ok...a year). I asked if they had any loaners they could send me (as I’ve read they do this on the forum here), since I use my binoculars daily for work as well. They responded and said, “no, but you can pay an extra $50 to have your binos rushed through service and mailed back to you in 10 days.” To me, this is some bull shit. I pay $1500 for binos and now they’re going to gouge me, when they really should just replace them? I’m not rich, and bought these binoculars as a lifetime investment. I never had a problem with my Leopold bx-4 (which I no longer have), and honestly didn’t even seem that much worse.

I guess my reason for posting is all I ever read is good things about Swarovski, whether it be the product or service. Right now I’m pretty soured on the company as a whole and not sure what I’ll do.

nobody

WKR
You think they meant four to six and not forty six?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was just wondering the same thing. I've got a rangefinder in to them right now that had to be sent back to HQ in Austria, but they quoted me 6-8 weeks.

If they did in fact mean to say 46 weeks, that's a bit excessive for sure and you have a right to be questioning things. But I would bet they meant 4-6 weeks, not 46.

OP
Slalomnorth

Slalomnorth

Lil-Rokslider
That’s a good point he probably said 4-6 weeks lol. Well that’s not to bad, but still.

I guess my point is when you buy top shelf, I you should get top shelf service. I feel like they’re further profiting off of me, when it’s their product at fault.

Norm555

WKR
I will gladly pay $50 for Swarovski to turn around my optics in 10-days or less for any issues. That includes overnight shipping on the return leg which probably costs more than $50 anyway.

I'm waiting on boat parts right now and would GLADLY pay for faster service, they won't even bother telling me when things will ship. Everything seems to be jacked up right now.

I can't say I fault Swarovski for offering to put you at the front of the line for $50.00 extra. Most places that offer that, pay someone to work overtime either of an evening or come in on the weekend. Sounds reasonable to me. 46 weeks is ridiculous, Nothing wrong with a 4-6 week wait. IMO

LaHunter

WKR
That’s a good point he probably said 4-6 weeks lol. Well that’s not to bad, but still.

I guess my point is when you buy top shelf, I you should get top shelf service. I feel like they’re further profiting off of me, when it’s their product at fault.
That extra fee is expedited shipping and moving you to the ‘front of the line’. Swarovski service has treated me well. Your binos being out of alignment may be a result of them getting knocked around,either from use or shipping, and not necessarily a manufacturing issue. 4-6 weeks is reasonable

TexaninSconny

Lil-Rokslider
Wait the 4-6 weeks and put that $50 towards a hearing aid.

15677d840e5022155fb05a57387dc168.jpg

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Yeah its 4-6 weeks. I just got mine back in just over a month. I had the same issue with some 10x32s I picked up here. They got it all straightened out for me though. Couldnt be happier.

WCB

WKR
All products brand etc can put out a bad apple once in awhile. What a lot of people don't get is, yeah you were the unlucky one that got a bad product...just because you got one doesn't mean that is the norm for the brand. quoting 4-6 weeks is pretty good as they more than likely want to under promise and over deliver. And including a week estimate for return shipping. Could every company get things back to you within a week sure...but overhead would be insane with the amount of techs it would take. With a brand like that remember anything that comes back cost someone a lot of money so how do you decide who gets faster treatment?

With what is going on in the world right now or has the past year honestly if they said 46 weeks I wouldn't be that surprised as I wish people, while frustrated, would have a little grace sometimes.

TexaninSconny

Lil-Rokslider
I do love me a good office meme

You know I’m messing with ya.

If there is one thing I’ve learned on this site, it’s that if anyone posts a complaint on here they better be prepared to have their ass roasted. No matter how valid or invalid the complaint is. People are ready to pounce, LOL!

Drenalin

WKR
No experience with Swarovski, but I don't think the 4-6 week lead time or the $50 expedite fee are out of line, especially right now. 46 weeks would be hard to believe. As far as you're concerned, it's their product that's at fault, but it may not be. Remember, people (not necessarily you) are idiots who send in products they've knowingly or unknowingly damaged and nearly every single one of them thinks it's the manufacturer's fault regardless of circumstances. As far as Swarovski knows, maybe you've got a faulty product, maybe FedEx threw them across the sidewalk to your front porch, or maybe you dumped them out the window of your truck. I highly doubt they're trying to gouge you or further profit off of you with a $50 fee to jump line a little. As someone else pointed out, that might cover shipping on Swarovski's end so they probably don't make a dime off of you in the end. The unfortunate reality is, none of us are as big a deal as we think we are and we're certainly not any more important than the other people ahead of us in line. I'd hold off on judging their service till you've actually used it.

If you're interested, I've got a pair of like new BX-4 10x42s less than 6 months old I'll trade you straight up for your busted Swaros. Shoot me a PM.

wytx

WKR
Curious, did you buy those SLCs new or used?
Can't figure out how you're getting screwed when they plainly gave you an option to expedite your repair.
Why should your binos be first in line unless you pay for that service?

Axlrod

WKR
I sent in my 15 year old SLC's in March for a cleaning and refresh. They told me 4-6 weeks. I got them back in 3 weeks and they look brand new. No charge. I gave them to my son, as I purchased a set of NL 12x42's
My B.I.L has had his Vtex razor binos back at Vtex most of the last 3 hunting seasons because they would stop focusing like your Swaro's, after a day or two of use.
Wouldn't trade those 15 year old Swaros for a dumpster full of new vtexes!

mlgc20

WKR
Everyone is different. Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with the $50 expedited service. I paid similar "expedite" fee to get my elk back from the processor the next day. I'd be happy to pay that to get my Seek Outside pack moved to the front of the production line.

Dcrafton

WKR
I’m my trade I deal with warranty items all the time. I’m sorry but we do not take the customers word for what is wrong or what they feel is wrong with item. We will inspect the item and make the judgment at that time to either repair or replace the item. BUT we will not just move someone to the front of the line because they feel like they are more deserving than another customers. We will charge a fee to move them up in line. That fee is always offered but under standard circumstances we treat every customer as an important customer and sometimes we just need to be patient.

Last edited: