Swarovski ATC or STC

gf99-99

FNG
Hi All,

I was hoping to get some input/opinions on the dilemma I am in. I have my eye (no pun intended) set on the nice and compact Swarovski 17-40 scope but I am torn between the angled or straight version. I have always owned angled scopes so I have little to no experience with a straight one but I really like the idea of it.

Reason I am getting this scope is for a couple uses. I want something that is more compact, lightweight and easy to hike around with. Also easier to travel with as well, I do a lot of wildlife sight seeing holidays. Aside for glassing birds and animals I also do quite a bit of bow hunting and spend ALOT! of time behind my binoculars but always wish I had something more but just could not be bothered to pack around a full size spotting scope. I really like the straight version as it seems like it would pack down alot easier and be very nice to use from a car window (im thinking about my holiday wildlife trips when I do big road trips through Africa) but at the same time I really like angled scops as it seems like they are just easier to use from a tripod (but maybe that is because that's what I'm use to)

What are others opinions on angled vs. straight and what have most people bought and are you happy with it?

Just picked up an ATC and a MagView for it.
I use an STX 95 for my full size glass and I’m into the Angled for use with the Mag View
I agree the STC will pack easier
But the ATC packs easy enough.
And ATC is available in orange and I’m a sucker for the Orange color on them.
I like it and I don’t think you would be disappointed with either one. My dealer has a few of each in stock so should be easy enough to find them now.

OP
gf99-99

gf99-99

FNG
Just picked up an ATC and a MagView for it.
I use an STX 95 for my full size glass and I’m into the Angled for use with the Mag View
I agree the STC will pack easier
But the ATC packs easy enough.
And ATC is available in orange and I’m a sucker for the Orange color on them.
I like it and I don’t think you would be disappointed with either one. My dealer has a few of each in stock so should be easy enough to find them now.
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah right now about about 60/40 with the 60% being towards the angled.

I have bought alot of optics from https://www.sportoptics.com/ if you stalk there site they often have some pretty good deals on demo/open box stuff. And in the case of the ATC if you call them they will give you a pretty good price compared to the MSRP listed price that Swarovski forces all there dealers to use. Also they cover your sales tax and usually give your free expedited shipping.

Just out of curiosity how do you like the Magview? does it work as well/as easy as advertised. I have been looking at these just as something to have for fun but have always steered away from it just because they seem way to expensive for what they are.

Took this with I phone 15 and the mag view yesterday evening. The mag view app lets you decide how much light transmission you need. I’m a mag view fan for sure and it doubles as a lens cap. I really like mine
IMG_6885.png

Halky010

FNG
I have both. Just sold my 553. The ATC has way way better eye relief and much wider Field of view. Image wise they are about the same.
The ATC is Much more user friendly, not much comparison for me between the two.

WRO

WKR
The hinge point on the stc is a game changer, it matches my binos perfectly and i run angled on all my big scopes, but the stc is significantly better than the atc imho just because it works so good.

WRO

WKR
It literally matches my nl 12s eye position from my tripod when I switch it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wyosteve

WKR
My big spotter is a STX, but the small one is ATC. With the ATC, I don't have to lift it as far on the tripod so it's more stable and it seems more natural to look into. I use the Outdoorsmans pistol grip so I can use a window mount on the pickup and still get the scope 'horizontal' if necessary.