Swaro STC “BIG EYES”

Finally got collination and IPD set perfectly (I think), going to look at deer on the winter range next week next to my BTX and see which one ends up on the classifieds here. So far I’ll say the optical qualities on both are neck and neck, btx has a more forgiving eye box and is naturally a little more seamless in use. But the zoom on my twins is friggin awesome

Elkangle

WKR
I'm sure there will be times the btx outshines the twins but I think on the average the twins will be more efficient in both finding game and identification and not wasting time

I wonder why adams adapters doesn't make an adjustable bridge instead of a fixed one...

I'm sure there will be times the btx outshines the twins but I think on the average the twins will be more efficient in both finding game and identification and not wasting time

I wonder why adams adapters doesn't make an adjustable bridge instead of a fixed one...
If im to bet it would add weight. There are a lot of old setups using the bushnell spacemasters with adjustable bridge design but there are not very mobile and heavy. The rage nowadays is lightweight and packable.

Elkangle

WKR
If im to bet it would add weight. There are a lot of old setups using the bushnell spacemasters with adjustable bridge design but there are not very mobile and heavy. The rage nowadays is lightweight and packable.

I wouldn't think it would add much if any weight

FZMT

FNG
Finally got collination and IPD set perfectly (I think), going to look at deer on the winter range next week next to my BTX and see which one ends up on the classifieds here. So far I’ll say the optical qualities on both are neck and neck, btx has a more forgiving eye box and is naturally a little more seamless in use. But the zoom on my twins is friggin awesome
Did you figure out which one to sell?

Did you figure out which one to sell?
Probably will be the btx..I need a couple more outings to be sure. I’m working on writing a comparison article and will go into depth on my thoughts..but BTX is to me slightly better optically, the big eyes are a more functional tool if they work for your eyes.

I had heard rumor of a compact spotting scope in the summer of 2022, and September 2nd 2022 Swarovski confirmed it, the STC/ATC were coming. I immediately placed an order and had one in my hands a few months later. From the second I looked through it, my dream was a set of big eyes out of two of these spotters so I could ditch the BTX. (I despise angled spotters)

The problem was/is…. The eyepieces don’t “roll” like traditional spotting scopes. I was on the horn with Adams Adapters asking if he thought there was a way…

Fast forward to now and I finally have them in my hands.

After columniation (it took a little patience) I just did a 2 hour glassing session with them and holy shit am I impressed.

I believe I will be sending my SLC 15x56’s down the road. Never thought I’d say that.

I’m going to use the hell out of these things in the next few months, I’ll keep updating as I get some hard use on them.

View attachment 667156View attachment 667157View attachment 667158

Still loving them! I’m not putting tons of time behind them yet, but I have gotten around 10 hours I’d say behind them. I’m blown away every time I use them still! Loving them….

I have tried to keep the eyecups on, but I gotta remove them to be super comfortable. The eyecups are Hitting my nose slightly and I really like to be “hands off” or nothing touching my glass.

I have learned that I need a good soft case, haven’t figured out how to go about it yet.

As soon as I start seeing bare ground around here I’ll be on them more and more!
Fingers crossed marsupial gear (or someone simular) comes out with a soft case soon!