Swarovski ATC 17-40x56mm Review, By Court Gordon

Slowpoke

FNG
Great review. Thank you. Kestrel also makes an adaptor for them that might be worth taking a look at.

TXCO

WKR
I have nl pure 10x42s. Im typically just trying to confirm shooter or not up to 1.5-2 miles away. Do yall think the compact will work for me? Maybe eventually pair it with a 77+ or just go with a mid 60s?

I typically dont carry a spotter at all cause of weight today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirtriding4life

Lil-Rokslider
I have nl pure 10x42s. Im typically just trying to confirm shooter or not up to 1.5-2 miles away. Do yall think the compact will work for me? Maybe eventually pair it with a 77+ or just go with a mid 60s?

I picked up an STC to compare to my 774 to see if the weight savings was worth it. After spending a good bit of time with both in various conditions the extra light gathering of the 77 is worth the weight for me. It’s so much more comfortable to sit behind and grid a hillside plus the brighter image helps tremendously glassing into the shade. I’m tempted to pick up a new Kowa 66a to see if that is the sweet spot, but I don’t think the extra money for the few oz saved over the 77 is worth it unless you have the rest of your setup dialed with high end light weight gear.

WRO

WKR

Yes..

TXCO

WKR
Finally got my orange atc this week. Ive played around a little with it compared to my original razor hd 18-48 65mm looking at some towers and windmills up to 1 mile away. Im very impressed with what it can do for how small it is. The clarity and brightness is great. The barrel focus hasnt been an issue yet and the more I think about, with every scope having a barrel zoom, its not going to hurt you. One thing I noticed was how little it shakes compared to the 65mm on the same tripod.

I think with it Ill almost always pack it versus having to convince myself to bring one.

fae9f8b2fcf6bea2b0a984bb96258eea.jpg

Bedrock

FNG
For you guys that have used the stc/Atc in real world conditions: I’ve only tried one in the store. The wide FOV is what got me wanting this scope but it seemed like to take advantage of the full field I was almost touching the lens with my eyeball. Did you guys find that a problem. And here’s a real dumb question: It’ll obviously be clearer and brighter than my old Leupold gold ring compact but I’m wondering by how much. I’m going to have to buy one to make a low light comparison so I was just wondering. That Leupold beat the first Gen Razor compact in every category.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I basically wear glasses 24/7 and have had no issues with eye relief on my ATC.

grainhog

FNG
I just sent mine back to Swarovski for evaluation and possibly repair. It has a strange grayish haze in the middle especially in bright conditions with a lighter background. I think I could see a couple specs behind the objective, not sure if that's what's causing it. Hopefully they fix something for free and send it back asap.

Bedrock

FNG
What have you guys that own the Stc found for a good soft case that fully encloses it, not a partial cover? Just the fact that one is not included almost had me not buy it on principal.