Suppressors

rickyw

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t know much about them, but it would be nice to get one for the 308 caliber class. Are there any brands that are generally recommended? I just want something decent. Thanks

What specific cartridges? Do you want max suppression, good value or light weight? Lots of options in 30 cal

OP
rickyw

rickyw

Lil-Rokslider
What specific cartridges? Do you want max suppression, good value or light weight? Lots of options in 30 cal
308 win and 30-06. Mainly 308
Is this a 2 out of 3 kind of situation?
I would be interested in maximum suppression and light weight; or maximum suppression and good value

wesfromky

WKR
You probably want a 7ish inch Ti can. Otter creek labs, Dead Air, TBAC, Diligent Defense, and probably others, but if you can find one of those in stock somewhere, you will be set for a first hunting can. HUB compatible should be pretty common - lets you change out the adapter for various muzzle devices and threads.

Sort of. If you want max suppression then the CAT johnny law is spendy but probably tbe quietest available currently, other very quiet options would be the AB raptor 10, diligent defense enticer L-TI and maybe the resilient jolene. Lightest weight and still great performance would probably go to the silencerco scythe TI or the Diligent Defense enticer S-TI out of what ive shot/own IMO

Max suppression and weight, I’d probably go with a diligent defense enticer l or s TI or a scythe TI. However value leans towards the diligent.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Shoot2HuntU
I've been exposed to probably close to a dozen different cans for tens of thousands of rounds in the last couple months. There's a lot of really good cans but for the money I was really impressed with the AB suppressors A10. Really good sound suppression build quality was impressive and they're super cheap compared to some of the other options. JK armament makes some pretty cool options if you want modularity and lightweight

Thunder Beast makes the best suppressors, hands down.

With the exception of if you want to go direct thread. They are the only "top brand" suppressor that gets heavier if you want to DT vs. QD because their DT option is to just permanently attach a QD muzzle device into the suppressor.

If they would just go standard HUB, then I would agree.

With the exception of if you want to go direct thread. They are the only "top brand" suppressor that gets heavier if you want to DT vs. QD because their DT option is to just permanently attach a QD muzzle device into the suppressor.

If they would just go standard HUB, then I would agree.

Not sure which TBAC you are specifically talking about, but most I’ve looked at they do make in HUB now.

Maybe TBAC’s isn’t ‘standard’ HUB?

TheHammer

WKR
If there’s one can currently to rule them all in 30cal hunting applications, the scythe would be my recommendation with a flush mount end cap. Good luck and keep us posted.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Thunder Beast makes the best suppressors, hands down.
They make a very good silencer, I love my ultra 7 gen 2 direct thread but my scythe is lighter, shorter and quieter for similar money.

Not saying the scythe is the best but it sure seems like the silencer tI have right now. That and the diligent defense sTI.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Shoot2HuntU
If I was to pick one right now it would be the AB raptor 6 or 8. With the reflex it's by a good margin the quietest can I've been exposed to. Take the reflex off and it's super light and fairly short. They're not very cheap though

Bluefish

WKR
If I was to pick one right now it would be the AB raptor 6 or 8. With the reflex it's by a good margin the quietest can I've been exposed to. Take the reflex off and it's super light and fairly short. They're not very cheap though
The A-10 30 cal is a hub mount 7 baffle version for under 500. I have one in jail to put on a 22 cal AR. Not as light as a Ti raptor, but half the money.