Suppressor wait times

Whisky

WKR
I have a couple buddies that work at Scheels. They said they have been seeing multiple 2 week approvals so one buddy filed last Monday and got his approved on Wednesday. The other buddy filed Thursday and got his today.

2 and 4 days. I hope these wait times stay this fast!
I also bought from Scheels recently, and was approved at 4 days, for an individual.

Not me, but my brother certified Saturday (3-9) through silencer shop as an individual with eforms, got the approval email this morning (3-13).

slowelk

WKR
I certified for my latest on 3/8, I don't think i will be lucky enough to get approval in days.

Just got the call from my FFL it's ready for pickup, 8 days from submission. Tempting to buy another one while wait times are semi reasonable.... they should be a 2-3 day wait max like some states with handguns but that's another issue.

TxLite

WKR
Purchased on Friday 8 March
Certified Monday 11 March
Still not approved. WTH

I'm going to “prompt” them tomorrow.
Unless you’re at 368 days instead of 3, I wouldn’t expect a whole lot lol but I hope it works for you

Cascade_Sherpa

Lil-Rokslider
I’m really stoked for you guys that are getting approved in less than a week but I’m super frustrated that I filed wasaayyy back in February of 2023….😩😩😩

TheCougar

WKR
Form 4 trust
Sico scythe
Certified 10/5/23
Approved 3/13/24

Got my stamp 2 hours after sending an email to atf for status update
In all seriousness, I am going to email them. Why not? The worst they can do is laugh at me. Besides, I have another can in jail since September and I can use that as the excuse for the status check. What email did you use? The only one I found is [email protected] which is supposedly for system support (passwords, etc).

wesfromky

WKR
In all seriousness, I am going to email them. Why not? The worst they can do is laugh at me. Besides, I have another can in jail since September and I can use that as the excuse for the status check. What email did you use? The only one I found is [email protected] which is supposedly for system support (passwords, etc).

Correct link -
I have two at 227 and one at 185, all on trusts. I emailed NCIS last week, no response. Email nfafax yesterday and they replied saying I need to call, that they don't do updates over email. Wait times are rumored to be in the hour range for the voice line.

TheCougar

WKR
Correct link -
I have two at 227 and one at 185, all on trusts. I emailed NCIS last week, no response. Email nfafax yesterday and they replied saying I need to call, that they don't do updates over email. Wait times are rumored to be in the hour range for the voice line.
I called about 6-8 weeks ago and got through pretty quickly. I bet idiots like me are inundating their phone lines and inboxes. Squeaky wheel and all that…

WKR
I emailed nics at about the 6 month mark last year. I was approved a month or so later.

I got an email reply from nics 4 months after I was approved to say everything was good on their end. So for every story you read about making a call or sending an email that might have gotten a faster response, assume there is 100 that did zero good.