Suppressor recommendations

Being new to suppressors and looking to pick up 2 (maybe 3) I’d prefer to buy once cry once.

History: I bought a new Barrett Rec 10 and at purchase I was recommended to pick up a YHM resonator 30 cal for its versatility so I already have one of those. However that thing is a heavy clunker and am looking to add a cpl/few more for other purposes. I hate to say this but as a Wa resident I never know when cans will be put on the chopping block so I’d prefer to buy 2or3 in one transaction and call it a day. But they’re not cheap and would like to make more of an informed buying decision.

Objective:

I recently bought a new Seekin’s Precision Havak Element in 6.5prc to serve as a lightweight pack gun. Still debating on optic but am leaning towards a vx6 to try to keep the overall weight of the package light. One suppressor will serve as a dedicated light weight and short can for this. I’ve read some wishy washy things about SC but one consideration is the banish backcountry but I’m here looking for opinions from those with more experience.

Secondly: I would like to get a second can that my son (soon to be 13) can use while out and this may be a dedicated or multi use can? So wouldn’t mind a possible more general use can but would prefer at least a semi light weight.

Any and all recommendations or info would be greatly appreciated. Things aren’t cheap and I ain’t rich so I’d like to be confident in the decision and prefers to not regret the purchases 😂😭

Pic is for attention we generally will be using bolt action rifles but have semi autos as well

Attachments

• 20211018_181104.jpeg
    20211018_181104.jpeg
    163 KB · Views: 85

NDGuy

WKR
I like the Sico Harvester. Lightweight and not gonna break the bank, muzzled my 7mag really well.

h2so4

WKR
Use the search function, tons on the topic.
Additionally, seek out posts made by user “Formidilosus”
You’ll get alot of support for Thunder Beast 5” or 7” cans.
I have a SiCo hybrid on a savage ultralight that eats up recoil nicely. It is not balanced and is heavy, but a pleasure to shoot. I have a TBAC gen 2 5” in jail.

OP
DirtPoor44
Use the search function, tons on the topic.
Additionally, seek out posts made by user “Formidilosus”
You’ll get alot of support for Thunder Beast 5” or 7” cans.
I have a SiCo hybrid on a savage ultralight that eats up recoil nicely. It is not balanced and is heavy, but a pleasure to shoot. I have a TBAC gen 2 5” in jail.
I try to do my best with search functions and research before posting. I will look for posts with user mentioned for sure. I felt it was still worth the post for intended purposes. Thanks for reply

cjcavinaw

FNG
I would take a look at the rugged alaskan 360. Im still waiting on mine, but the steel version is 10 ounces, right around 7in long and extremely versatile. They make a titanium one as well that is stupid light but you pay quite a bit more for it. I've shot a lot of tbac cans recently and I love those as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
DirtPoor44
I would take a look at the rugged alaskan 360. Im still waiting on mine, but the steel version is 10 ounces, right around 7in long and extremely versatile. They make a titanium one as well that is stupid light but you pay quite a bit more for it. I've shot a lot of tbac cans recently and I love those as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Just looked up the ti. That is sexy!

TheHammer

WKR
You need to decide a couple of things before considering. Length? How long are you willing to tolerate? Weight? How much weight are you willing to add? Diameter? There is some good information on diameter of cans might increase volume but have minuscule effects past 1.6”. For me I love my omega, as it sits the way it’s setup 12.6oz and barely adding 5.5” to OAL. I didn’t give it as much credit originally compared to a couple others I own, until I started playing around with it. It’s a great overall can. I have a tbac ultra 5 I’m waiting on and a dead air nomad aswell. The tbac ultra 7 gets a lot of love. However Ryan did some tests of his own, great post/review with tons of info and he concluded the raptor is a great option.

OP
DirtPoor44
You need to decide a couple of things before considering. Length? How long are you willing to tolerate? Weight? How much weight are you willing to add? Diameter? There is some good information on diameter of cans might increase volume but have minuscule effects past 1.6”. For me I love my omega, as it sits the way it’s setup 12.6oz and barely adding 5.5” to OAL. I didn’t give it as much credit originally compared to a couple others I own, until I started playing around with it. It’s a great overall can. I have a tbac ultra 5 I’m waiting on and a dead air nomad aswell. The tbac ultra 7 gets a lot of love. However Ryan did some tests of his own, great post/review with tons of info and he concluded the raptor is a great option.
My initial thoughts for the elements would be 6” or under, preferably under 10oz and 1.6” diameter max. I can be flexible. But at a 21” barrel I hate to get back up over 26 and don’t really want to pay to have it cut and threaded. Tabac 7 and backcountry were my first two considerations. Leaned more towards backcountry for length but do know that has a 5. That’s why I’m here seeing what else it out there. I will check the raptor out but my initial thought is man that things ugly! Lol

The reports on here about the 360 ti are that it is very, very loud. Here's a few useful threads to read:

TheHammer

WKR
My initial thoughts for the elements would be 6” or under, preferably under 10oz and 1.6” diameter max. I can be flexible. But at a 21” barrel I hate to get back up over 26 and don’t really want to pay to have it cut and threaded. Tabac 7 and backcountry were my first two considerations. Leaned more towards backcountry for length but do know that has a 5. That’s why I’m here seeing what else it out there. I will check the raptor out but my initial thought is man that things ugly! Lol
So length is the main concern. Then you need to look at the way each can mounts. The backcountry the can might be 5” but it has outboard threads which was a no go for me as it is more or less going to add 5” vs 4.5-4.7”

ElPollo

WKR
My thoughts. I get the limited funds thing, but if you’re buying one of these for your kid to use it’s the last place I would try to reduce funds. A can is a long-term investment in reducing hearing damage and you get other bennies like recoil reduction and spotting your hits. Spend some money on this.

And go light in terms of materials, but don’t sacrifice noise suppression by buying a super short can. If you buy a 5” can, you are going to lose a lot of those benefits you are buying it for. If overall length is an issue, go with less barrel and more can. I have my primary rifle cut to 16.5” and am still getting enough velocity to get reliable bullet expansion out to further than most people should be shooting. And I’m getting all that in a 7.2# package (scoped with the can) that is the same length as a standard 24” barrel.

This thread has a lot of good info on cans:

Any of these cans will work well. I have an AB Raptor 8 stack with a 3” reflex that I love. It gives me a sub-7” length in front of the muzzle, but also gives me more internal volume with the reflex for more suppression and better tone. Look these up. The reflex is an internal blast chamber that extends over the barrel behind the muzzle. Is the Raptor cheap? No. But it’s cheaper to buy a good one than to buy several that don’t meet your needs. The Raptor has some of the best suppression for length and weight that you can find.

Good luck.

OP
DirtPoor44
The Nomad Ti and Hyperion 5 should be on the list as well as the AB Raptor. Not sure what price range your looking at being DirtPoor. ;)
I will look into those now as well. Thanks. Also, the budget is tight but if I find something nice that I really like I may be able to dig through the change jar😫

OP
DirtPoor44
Thanks for the response. Not sure where you read I was on a particular budget or only looking at particular materials. I thought that was addressed in OP. Also I won’t be going with a long can for this rifle.

Sevens

WKR
Perhaps a Diligent Defense Enticer S-Ti? It’s under 10 oz with the mount and only 6.75” long and fairly priced.

For an extra couple ounces, the SiCo Harvester EVO is pretty great (have one on a 20” 7PRC). Good sound reduction and recoil reduction at an affordable price.

Otter Creek Labs has their Hydrogen K that seems very comparable to the TBAC Ultra 5 (5” long and 6.7 ounces). Would be one I would consider if I didn’t have the Ultra 5 already for lightweight backcountry hunts.

I would also suggest throwing a supressor in that doesn’t have a barrel length restriction, like a Energetic Armament Peak 30. It gives you options should you one day find yourself wanting to build a 16” 7PRC or something like that.

OP
DirtPoor44
Perhaps a Diligent Defense Enticer S-Ti? It’s under 10 oz with the mount and only 6.75” long and fairly priced.

For an extra couple ounces, the SiCo Harvester EVO is pretty great (have one on a 20” 7PRC). Good sound reduction and recoil reduction at an affordable price.

Otter Creek Labs has their Hydrogen K that seems very comparable to the TBAC Ultra 5 (5” long and 6.7 ounces). Would be one I would consider if I didn’t have the Ultra 5 already for lightweight backcountry hunts.

I would also suggest throwing a supressor in that doesn’t have a barrel length restriction, like an Energetic Armament Peak 30. It gives you options should you one day find yourself wanting to build a 16” 7PRC or something like that.
Thank you! I will check into all of those now as well 🤙🏼

SloppyJ

WKR
The Nomad Ti and Hyperion K should be on the list as well as the AB Raptor. Not sure what price range your looking at being DirtPoor. ;)
I have 2 AB cans in jail right now. The 10 stack Raptor in 30cal and a Littlebird (.22). Heard nothing but great things and they are semi-local to me so I decided to try them. Then that added fuel to the fire and now I have a whole stable that I'm waiting on approvals for. Have you personally used them? I don't see too many people who even know who they are.

OP, for a 30cal can, check out the AB Raptor (8 is probably overall the best) or a CGS Hyperion. A .22 can is super cheap and fun. I recommend the CGS Hydra for a budget option or a Dead Air Mask HD for something a little sturdier. For a multical, I'd go with the Rugged or a SiCo 36m or 46m.

Good luck!!

The rugged alaskan is loud and overpriced. Has only 4 baffles. Id get an AB raptor 6 stack or bigger, diligent defense STI, dead air nomad TI, hyperion K or a gunwerks. People love TBAC too but they are heavier than some that have equal suppression and pretty spendy. Can't go wrong with any of those