Suppressor questions …thunder beast ultras

I’ve been toying around with the idea of getting a suppressor. We have a .300 WM, .243, and few AR 15’s.

I knew it’s reccommended to get them more specific to the caliber. But instead of buying a bunch of suppressors I was wondering the possibility of just one that could work on all my rifles?

Any advice.

Forest

WKR
30cal is what you need. Anything 30cal and under will work with that. Some claim that having it closer to caliber size will be quieter, but I think it's a fairly minute difference. Start with 30cal, then look at other options if you decide to buy more suppressors later on

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

h2so4

WKR
I have a silencer co Hybrid. I got it a while back. It works on my AR's as well as my 30-06. Its not perfect, but it does everything I ask of it from 9mm, 300BO, 5.56 and 30-06.

I'd suggest it if you want one can for many applications. Also get a 22lr suppressor.
Now that I have the hybrid and a 22lr suppressor, I'd like to get a dedicated hunting can and a dedicated 9mm suppressor. I already have two more 22lrs waiting for the stamp.

h2so4

WKR
I really want to emphasize the suggestion for a 22lr suppressor. It is the most "fun". If I'm only taking 1-3 guns, you can bet the suppressed 22 is one of them. It also makes shooting WITH kids, friends & family way more relaxed and safe.

If you have the budget to get 3 suppressors at once, then I'd suggest getting more dedicated cans. If not, the hybrid is an easy choice. It does it all at the expense of maybe 2-3 oz.

Last edited:

Samson7x

WKR
TBAC ultra7 is a great choice just don't do mag dumps with the AR and you will be fine.

Reactions: B23
Get a dedicated 22 can and a 30 cal can. Make sure the 30 cal can take the pressure of the biggest 30 you may decide to buy (my 30 can maxes at 300win, which is awesome but I can't run it on my 300RUM).

Really it all comes down to application. If it's for bench toys, get a big heavy full auto rated can and run it on everything. I have a SiCo Omega 30 and it's great on an ar10, ar15, and all my bolt guns. I also have a 22 can which is well worth having separate. If you want to hunt with the can, then you might look into an auto can, a lightweight 30 cal hunting can, and a 22 can.

B23

WKR
30 cal Ultra 7 or Ultra 9 would be my choice and as has been already mentioned spend the extra cash now and purchase a good rimfire suppressor like TBAC 22 Take Down or Dead Air Mask at the same time you buy your centerfire can. Shooting any rimfire suppressed is so much fun and after you have it you'll quickly forget all about the extra cash you spend buying it.

BBob

WKR
I've been in the market as well and the suggestions for the Ultra 7 & 9 led me to look at the Dominus. Any reason to not to consider the Dominus or the the very similar Dead Air Nomad Ti over the Ultra's?

I've been in the market as well and the suggestions for the Ultra 7 & 9 led me to look at the Dominus. Any reason to not to consider the Dominus or the the very similar Dead Air Nomad Ti over the Ultra's?
If I was buying, I would go straight to the Dominus and never look back. I have a 9" 30 cal, TBAC 338 Ultra and a rimfire can that covers my needs. TBAC has some new stuff coming out at SHOT show that may or may not be worth waiting for.

Guys that have Dead Air really like them and that's what I would buy if I didn't want a Dominus for whatever reason.

Omega 36 M. https://silencerco.com/silencers/omega-36m/

I don’t know shit about silencers but my coworker just got one and he suggested the Omega 36 M. Can handle 22 Hornet all the way to 338 Lapua.

And they are doing a buy one get one free (still have to pay the tax stamp)

And you can make a trust, so when you pass away your kid, brother, wife, uncle, dad, whoever can have it. I don’t know specifics besides it’s surprisingly inexpensive.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
I love my Thunder Beast cans. But if you can get past the look of them I really like the sound and modularity of the AB suppressors.

h2so4

WKR
The @Thebigbaby has a great point. SilencerCo has a promotion going on right now. you can almost certainly get the 22 can for free (you pay stamp). Possibly even a bigger can for free, depending on the one you buy.

Buy direct thread. 5/8x24
My acc can takes the rachet mount and at $90 pop they add up fast. Plus they can be discontinued.
Then just get thread adapters for the 1/2x28 AR's

Buy direct thread. 5/8x24
My acc can takes the rachet mount and at $90 pop they add up fast. Plus they can be discontinued.
Then just get thread adapters for the 1/2x28 AR's
I'm of the opposite opinion. Every direct thread can I've been around on a high powered rifle came loose frequently. All my stuff has a taper interface mount and never comes loose.

cmahoney

WKR
I love my Thunder Beast cans. But if you can get past the look of them I really like the sound and modularity of the AB suppressors.

I just looked at AB’s website. Would you pick one of those over an ultra 7 for a lightweight can where weight was a primary concern along with sound?

I’m in the market for a new one and I’m still between a dominus and a ultra 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
I just looked at AB’s website. Would you pick one of those over an ultra 7 for a lightweight can where weight was a primary concern along with sound?

I’m in the market for a new one and I’m still between a dominus and a ultra 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes