Suppressed vs Non-Suppressed Hunting

WTFJohn

WKR
I live in the west and hike plenty of mountains and miles. Still won’t hunt with a suppressor.

Also, when I hunt a tree stand it’s usually a long ways in from most roads and during archery season anyways. Wait, maybe I can figure out how to use a suppressor on my bow? 🤣
My post was a page or two back but the opposite of that. I've got a bunch and will use them locally because why not, but one shot one kill after putting many miles on boots for days on end no thanks.

My use case is different most of the year, traversing (via various means) the same ground year-round. The vast majority of our shooting is still single shot/kill ratio, but the long-term effect on the landscape is much lower. I can shoot coyotes and not disturb the muley bucks bedded on the ridge, or we can dip into the same elk herd over a weekend and not push them miles away. Sometimes it's as simple as a new hunter getting an otherwise second chance on an animal they missed prior, or being able to re-check zero after a bad fall.

Everyone is different. I couldn't tell you my pack, rifle, or any other gear weight; some folks cut half the bristles off their toothbrush.

I can shoot coyotes and not disturb the muley bucks bedded on the ridge, or we can dip into the same elk herd over a weekend and not push them miles away.
Hmmm, wife and I have Elk tags in the same unit and season, mine is a cow tag she's got the bull. Maybe I'll take my little suppressed Creedmoor. Usually it's one of the other so never really cared but this year I got the cow tag on reissue.