Summer Adventures

What are/have been your summer adventures this year?
So far mine are:
Got to see some new country that I have been meaning to get to see for years. Didn't get to see it all, so a return trip is in the works.
Backpacked in and stayed at a FS lookout.
Going backpacking in the Gospel and Buffalo Hump Wilderness at the end of the month.
I'm going to try to get into a couple of alpine lakes above McCall or Seven Devils after the summer crowds go home.

CorbLand

WKR
Most of the spring and early summer have been spent working on the yard. Then I twisted a knee so I havent been out and about much for the last month or so.

Headed to the family cabin in a couple weeks to get away with the wife. Come back to hunting season in a couple weeks so thats pretty much the only fun I am going to get this year.

OP
Customweld
Most of the spring and early summer have been spent working on the yard. Then I twisted a knee so I havent been out and about much for the last month or so.

Headed to the family cabin in a couple weeks to get away with the wife. Come back to hunting season in a couple weeks so thats pretty much the only fun I am going to get this year.
Hunting season really isn't that far out! Under a month for some hunts here.

Went fly fishing in New Mexico.

About to go to Port Aransas with dad.

Canada/Alaska with the wife. A couple days in Victoria, cruise to Anchorage, then a train to Denali and spending I think 4 days there.

Poser

WKR
Been out and about peak bagging, backpacking, fishing alpine lakes and doing some hike-and-shoot target shooting in the high country every weekend. Taking 3 day weekend every other weekend this summer to get some more time out and about.

Lots of camping/fishing with kids in May/June.

Spent 10 days in my hometown over the 4th. Our small town of 800 people had a big party/all school reunion. Over 10k ppl were at a free Blackhawk concert on Main Street. Saw tons of people I haven’t seen in 10-15+ years. It was a riot.

Now we’re back in freezer filler mode. Need to put ~60 salmon in the freezer over the next few weeks. Four day weekends camping and fishing until Labor Day. Should have at least 30 nights this summer in the tent with the kids and wife by Labor Day.

Took a new job in April so I won’t be able to do any hunting until moose season. Flying out with my wife and her friend this year. I’ll be packer and cook, but should be an excellent time!

IDVortex

WKR
Goal is to get down to Central Idaho to scout for mule deer, it sounds like my wife may like the idea of backpacking into the 7 Devils, been into the selkirks once this year, going on a MT goat count in MT this coming weekend. That's it so far.

OP
Customweld
Goal is to get down to Central Idaho to scout for mule deer, it sounds like my wife may like the idea of backpacking into the 7 Devils, been into the selkirks once this year, going on a MT goat count in MT this coming weekend. That's it so far.
The Devils are a lot of fun to pack into. They are pretty busy in the summer, but calm down pretty good after Labor Day.

IDVortex

WKR
The Devils are a lot of fun to pack into. They are pretty busy in the summer, but calm down pretty good after Labor Day.
I've never been into them. My wife actually mentioned it. But I have a feeling she won't want to go after labor day, besides elk season happens.

bozeman

WKR
Got to do some hiking in the Smokies on some new trails. Went over into NC for some fly fishing and got to see some Elk in North Carolina……….visiting Morocco in a few weeks (bucket list)……..ready for Sept!

KurtR

WKR
What are/have been your summer adventures this year?
So far mine are:
Got to see some new country that I have been meaning to get to see for years. Didn't get to see it all, so a return trip is in the works.
Backpacked in and stayed at a FS lookout.
Going backpacking in the Gospel and Buffalo Hump Wilderness at the end of the month.
I'm going to try to get into a couple of alpine lakes above McCall or Seven Devils after the summer crowds go home.
I hunted around cannon lake in the seven devils it was a cool area. Would be alot better hike with the snow not being knee deep and post holing in and out.

lake.JPG

As for my summer im running dogs and getting ready to shoot geese in a month.

WKR
Just did 4 pass loop backpacking with wife and 2 daughters. Great trip.

50 miler in May took a while to recover from, mentally more than physically. I'm starting to get back into training and making more plans.

JMundy84

Lil-Rokslider
How is hunt lake for campsites? Presume it was fairly busy. I'm wanting to take my wife up to it.
There's a primitive site at either end of the lake. I didn't see anyone camped when I was there but there was a decent amount of people on the trail.

OP
Customweld
I hunted around cannon lake in the seven devils it was a cool area. Would be alot better hike with the snow not being knee deep and post holing in and out.

View attachment 737320

As for my summer im running dogs and getting ready to shoot geese in a month.
When it decides to snow in that country, it gets serious. You can tell who is local when you drive by their trucks at Windy Ridge and they already have all 4 wheels chained up . It stinks getting back to the truck after a week out an having to throw iron to go downhill !